48th Street Custom guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That guitar is wrong-handed

Truss rod cover is correct. Budman (Dave) made me a couple of those for a project I'm still working on.

Most ESP's have a three piece maple neck with a volute for strength instead of the scarf joint. I would think this is better, but there is no joking that my SL2H is a tone monster even with the scarf joint.

Comment

ive seen them go for around $500 which IMO is cheap for what it is. that does look like one they made using ESP parts. back in the 80's into the early 90's all those places on 48th were great. oh the memorys....

Comment

I'd be all over that green one if it were $500! (and I were left-handed...)

Comment

Originally posted by Psh511 View Post
          here was the link...http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESO:IT&ih=002

Considering the quality I though it went for a low price...but I got it for a song and made significant money

Damn thats nice! I would have bought that if I saw it
          http://www.reverbnation.com/#/themightypragmatics

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
            I'd be all over that green one if it were $500! (and I were left-handed...)

me too, but it's not I don't know, it is a nice guitar but the current asking price is considerable more. And for now, the only thing I can go on is the one that sold for $700.

joe...
            www.godwentpunk.com
            www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I used to frequent that store in the late 80's and early 90's. They were an ESP dealer and also built their own customs from primarily ESP parts as was mentioned. They definitely built and logo'd guitars as ESP as well.

The quality and workmanship is on par with any similar guitars of the era (Gunslingers, Dinky's, etc) but the demand is lower so they can be had for much less these days. If you are more concerned with grabbing a quality instrument than you are with the name on the headstock, go for it.

Comment

i had a guitar made from ESP parts that i ordered thru the
                48th street custom shop ..i got a deal on the parts thru Vito Bratta's
                guitar tech at the time who happen to be a friend of mine

Comment

Working...
                X