Opinions Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions Needed

I have been searching for a new seven string for quite a while now (yes I realize there is already a thread on sevens but that one's for a different price range) and I noticed on my last visit to L&M that they currently have one of these in stock.

Yes I realize that it's the guy from Korn's (blegh!) signature but it actually looked pretty slick. Unfortunately I didn't get to try it.

Well anyway, my question is what do you guys think of it and do you know of any similarly priced sevens?

My guitar teacher wants me to got one so we can do some nevermore stuff and other seven-string related things so I've been watching for one and this is the first one in the city that has caught my eye so far.
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

MIKorea. You would do better to get the RG1527 if you want a new Ibanez.

For that price though you should probably just get a used RG7620 and have a couple hundred dollars left over.

I still have my eyes set on one of these in yellow though, so I guess take my opinions with a grain of salt. http://www.garykramerguitar.com/TurbulenceR.html

Comment

Yeah, I thought of the MIK thing. I'm really trying to find a hardtail if possible so that narrows my options substantially. One of the other ones I've been looking at is this http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/dr...P1499C291.aspx but it's also MIK and it's 26.5 scale though that may be a good thing for my huge hands. I've also thought of used Ibanezes but I have yet to find any other than 7321's but I refuse to get those.
      If I must I can live with a floyd but I never use them.

Oh and I really have a hard time thinking of what exactly I could use that THIRD octave for.
      "Dear Dr. Bill,
      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I used to own an RG7421 exactly like this one:

I really regret selling it as it was the best "shred" guitar I've owned.

Comment

That's pretty much what I'm looking for. My guitar teacher had a line on one of those for me. It was in practically new condition for $300 but the guy decided not to sell.
          "Dear Dr. Bill,

Comment

Definitely wait out for one of the MIJ ones if you can. They smoke the MIK versions!

Comment

I definitely will. Thanks for your help!
              "Dear Dr. Bill,

Comment

Working...
              X