Payless guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
    Yes please let us know. I'm curious they say those are the real thing. If I can order one for that cheap of a price and it's actually real, i may order a couple of them. Even if they end up wall hangers
    I think that is part of the "problem". People are buying them. Not that I'm saying it's good or bad but they wouldn't sell them if people were not buying them.

What is funny is watching Harmony Central and seeing how pissed people get when someone wants to try and sell one of these copies. Man, do they get pissed and run that person off the board. Makes for good reading.

Somebody bought an Ibanez JemVWH and made it into a wall clock. I can't remember if that was here or on jemsite. That person said the guitar played like crap, IIRC.

I'd never buy one but I wouldn't cast a stone those that would.

Hell, Gibson would charge and arm and a leg for an Ace Frehley 12 String. (How Ace is associated with a Les Paul 12 String is beyond me)
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

The only 12 String Electric that Ace was associated with. I bet that Payless 12 LP will "bow" like a motherfucker unless it stays a full step down and strung with .008s.
      "POOP"

Comment

Mark,
        I remember seeing a pic of Ace playing one of those doublenecks.

I also have a Gibson book at home with a Les Paul 12 string in it. I'll have to dig it out, I want to say it was made in the late 50's but I'm not sure on that one.

As for neck bow, you'd have to tune it down like a bitch and use the capo.

Comment

On the guitar pictured above, I keep the 6-string at 440 with .010s and the 12 string a 1/2 step down with .008s. It can handle 440 tuning because it has a maple neck but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
          "POOP"

Comment

Thats your doubleneck? 1275 or whatever Gibson calls them?

You really can play?

Didn't know that.

Kidding man. Nice Gibson. Is it a burst or just wine red? Looks like a 2 tone burst to me.

Comment

I could see them making replicas for Pete Townsend so he wouldn't have to smash the good ones onstage.

With his hearing he might not be able to tell the difference anyway.

I'm guessing with those you playless as well.
              Jackson KV2
              Jackson KE1T
              Jackson KE1F
              Jackson SL1

Comment

Yep, that's mine. It's a 1982 Cherry Burst with a mahogany body and maple necks. This color/model was designed for Ace and very few were made. It was the second least popular color followed closely by "brown." From what I've read, wine was the most popular color followed by white, then black.

This guitar is extremely versatile, but pretty damned heavy. It's similar in weight to a "true" Les Paul, not this chambered bullshit. I have a good friend who likes to use it at the occasional "live" gig for Bon Jovi and Zep tunes.

"POOP"

Comment

Cool man. I like that finish, it's not so clownburst. Pretty sweet.

Comment

hahaha

yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Comment

That's the Camel Dick Signature model.

"Look honey, I boughts me a real honest to god Rossie Well!
                      "POOP"

Comment

I bet that Payless 12 LP will "bow" like a motherfucker unless it stays a full step down and strung with .008s.
                        Bamboo does bend like crazy...
                        The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                          I'm not surprised that China doesn't recognize patents and trademarks. Communism says everything is everyone's.

And I don't think anyone is fooled by those guitars. Just like no one is fooled by the fake Rolexes in NYC.
                          I ain't sayin who, because he's done me right. But there is a member of this forum that sells fake roles on Ebay.

Comment

I think that this is really great for people that don't have the money for a Les Paul Supreme, or an RR or PRS, but sadly other people take advantage and sell them as genuine guitars. That's what I think. For example, I've always liked PRS and the only ones I'm capable of buying are the korean SEs, while these guys have some models with exactly the same carved body of an AMERICAN PRSs. On the other hand, the thing that for me matters the most is the body. Hardware in most cases can be changed, and I've heard that this guitars are fretted fine.... that my opinion
                            "You deserve what you dream"

Comment

Originally posted by bobafer View Post
                              I think that this is really great for people that don't have the money for a Les Paul Supreme, or an RR or PRS
                              I agree. It's absolutely fantastic that some piece of shit ripoff company in China is able to make junk knock off guitars. That's just great.
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Has anyone take a close look at some of those???

The Slash LP for example...Looks like the dude that drills the holes for the toggle switch and vol/tone knobs needs his cataracts removed soon! LOL
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Working...
                                X