takamine gx-100bt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
    Look, all I know is that I can't seem to find anything, including Takamine's website, that reveals solidbodied guitars were ever built. Their website even has a history section dating all the way back to 1968. Calling Fender and asking about a totally different company from the 1980's is totally different than inquiring from Takamine who was, uhm Takamine in the 1980's.
    Do I have to spell it out? Yes, they were always Takamine, but were they always owned by the same parent company? Did you speak to the parent company they have today or the parent company they had 20 years ago?

FMIC HQ in Arizona cannot tell you much about a Charvel Model 6, can they? Doesn't mean they didn't exist.
    And unless you know of a direct phone number to Jackson in Corona that no one else does, the only way to phone the company to ask them is by calling FMIC HQ in Arizona. That's where the published "Official" phone number points to.

I'm assuming it's the same situation here; you called the PARENT COMPANY HQ of Takamine, who only know about the acoustic guitars.

As I understand it, none of the major brands publish a number to the actual shops that build the guitars. That keeps the shop running product out the door instead of answering phones all day.

It also keeps the lines clear for "official company business".
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I understand Newc... I will attempt contact with both sides of the company when I get back up to his house and attempt to find any numbers on it. That may be very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        Do I have to spell it out?
        Lighten up.
        "POOP"

Comment

Yes, Takamine made electrics for a short time back in the early 80's. Or should I perhaps say that Takamine had a factory in Japan build some electrics for them. There is debate over which factory it was, but I personally believe it could have been Matsumoku. I used to own a Takamine GX-100 like the one pictured above, except mine was black. They had 3 different shapes available. The GX-100 was an Explorer type guitar the GX-200 was sort of like an SG, and the GZ-300 was sort of like a Les Paul DC. I believe they were all neck-thru. Mine was very well built, sounded and played great, but was too small and looked silly on me.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

The explorer I have isn't neck thru. it's a set neck. I think it may be made out of maple. I'll try to take some clear pics of it tonight, it has no paint anymore
            In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
              The explorer I have isn't neck thru. it's a set neck. I think it may be made out of maple. I'll try to take some clear pics of it tonight, it has no paint anymore
              I could be wrong. I sold mine the same time I sold my Gibson U2. That was about 15 years ago. It was either set-neck or neck-thru, but definitely not bolt-on.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

They were setnecks that were shaved down to look neck thru..........

Comment

Working...
                X