Finally snagged a Gibson MIII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally snagged a Gibson MIII

I had one of these many years ago, and have always regretted selling it. A Gibson MIII. This was IMO, maybe best the guitar out of the 250 to 300 I've owned.......ever.

Been in a real Gibson mode lately. The next target besides a nice LP is a Gibson Victory.......like to snag a WRC and a U2 as well.

nice

Comment

My best friend has a 1982 Gibson Victory. It's his favorite guitar. Tones of tone and extremely versatile. Only drawback, it's heavy as hell.
      "POOP"

Comment

Yeah those are really growing on me...was that the one from craigs list?

Comment

Originally posted by daisp View Post
          Yeah those are really growing on me...was that the one from craigs list?

Nah......didn't know there was one on Craigslist. What city?

I backdoored this one on Ebay. It kept hanging around, tempting me until I finally jumped at it.

Comment

I'd like to get my old U2 back.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Nice. Congrats! I remember John Ricco from Warrior Soul playing those.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

im sure its a lovely guitar but its just wrong.
                no sig.....

Comment

Yeah, these ones tend to get either a "That thing is ungodly ugly" or a "That's really cool, I want one" kind of response. Myself, I tend to gravitate towards the weird and unusual stuff. Plus the overall quality of these axes is through the roof.

Comment

I have the U2 on my list also. that and Gibson SR-71, US-1. I'm with uber on digging the weird ones. Gibson pumped out a few 80's guitars that had a huge range of tones. They even had a les paul H-S-H with the M-III tones. I do have the WRC and if you have a chance to snag one, do it.
                    ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Here is one of the LP's

http://cgi.ebay.com/1992-Gibson-Les-...6.c0.m14.l1318
                      ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

That one's pretty cool....I just put it on my watchlist. I'm really gassing for a Victory at the moment......nothing popping now though.

Speaking of the huge range of tones, the MIII is crazy. The mini toggle kicks in a second set of pup tones......1 through 4 are split coils, while #5 is a killswitch. I really loved that feature when I had my first one in the band I was in at the time.

Comment

The MIII is cool. The other guitarist in my old band had one of those and I was always kinda green with envy for it.
                          The Guitars:
                          Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
                          The Amps:
                          Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

the maple fret board is just not gibson. I do like the reverse explorer head stock and im sure its a very good trem.
                            no sig.....

Comment

That's cool as hell. Did those have a 24.75" scale? If so, I've absolutely got to get one.

Comment

Working...
                              X