Gunslinger or DK2M?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunslinger or DK2M?

Taking a risk regarding comprehensive, honest opinions and comments knowing this be a Jackson forum.

Be that as it may, Why would you choose one over the other. What's wrong with the one you didn't choose? What's right about the one you did choose?

So. BC Rich Gunslinger Retro or Jackson DK2M.
    Choose your weapon!

I await JCF member's insightful input!
    G.
    Last edited by GinSonic; 08-04-2008, 06:17 PM.

I dunno about about the b.c rich but i have no complaints about my DK2M's. It seems that the Jackson has 24 frets whereas the B.C. Rich has 22. That's something to consider.

Comment

i'd go for the bc rich. the jackson is cool, but the bc rich is different!!
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Sharkfins rulz over dots (should have been diamonds)
        Binding rulz over no binding
        Normal headstock rulz over reverse.

I'd like to get a Gunslinger, but I'd rather have one of the classic ones with a cool graphic.

For the DK2M, I'd get the "light" Bengal in a single hum.

Comment

Build quality has a lot to do with things as well.

I've heard that BC Rich has been having some serious QA issues as of late while most Jacksons end up fairing a little better.

But in the end, it's all about preference.

Comment

Can you try them on first?
            '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
            '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
            custom made Les Paul
            VOX Tonelab LE
            Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
            ADA MP1
            BBE 422A
            Lexicon MPX-G2
            ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
            Support Your Local 81

Comment

Gunslinger for me, I don't really like the sharkies on a maple board, also I prefer the reverse headstock and the hum single P/U is my favourite config.

Comment

you need to try them both out and see which one you like. If I were you I would find an old gunslinger and screw the new ones. They don't look right with the straight pickups. I paid $460 for one last year.

Comment

DK2M. I like quite a few BCRs, but the superstrats never appealed to me.

Comment

I vote DK2M. I'll need convincing if any of these new BCR's meet the same quality before 2004.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I haven't played the BCR but I have a 2007 DK2 so this is a bit biased.

I didn't play it for a month or so once I got my USA KV2 but then the first time I went back to it, I was like "damn, I should be playing this more", the quality of this MIJ guitar versus the USA model is not remotely proportional to the price difference, the DK2 really holds its own and I play it a lot more now. Everything on it is really well put together.
                      Jackson KV2
                      Jackson KE1T
                      Jackson KE1F
                      Jackson SL1

Comment

I favor the Jackson

1) 24 frets
                        2) Humbucker at the neck position
                        3) I like the headstock better
                        4) I like the neck inlays better
                        PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Older Gunslingers had the look, but the quality lately is sub par. They just don't have that "feel" anymore.
                          DK2's rule in this comparison: better quality, 24 frets, 'bucker in the neck.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                            Sharkfins rulz over dots (should have been diamonds)
                            Binding rulz over no binding

I'd like to get a Gunslinger, but I'd rather have one of the classic ones with a cool graphic.
                            I dig fins as well and I love my USA Fusion but I love my Assasin too. Only bummer is 22 frets.

I'd go for the Gunslinger if it was an older one. Not sure about the new ones quality wise.
                            07 Ibanez J Custom RG8470RS, 92 Ibanez RG770EG, 91 Ibanez RG565EG, 90 Ibanez RG550CM, 90 Jackson USA Fusion, 89 BCRich Assassin, 85 Ibanez Roadstar II RS440RV, 05 Takamine AN-10

Furman PL-8 Series II, ADA 3TM MP-1 Ultra+, Axe-FX Ultra, rack tray (Axess Elec. BS-2, DOD FX90), Roland EV-5, Dunlop 535Q18v, VHT 2/50/2, Ground Control Pro, X2 Digital XDS95 W'less, (2) Bogner Cubes

Comment

Well, myself? I don't care one way or the other as to whether or not it's a 22 or 24 fret'er or made in Japan or Korea.

I've checked out, played and looked pretty closely at some of the newer Korean Rich's, Deans and ESP LTD's and I must say, I'm impressed as hell! Now it's just a matter if they have the same durability as the 80's and 90's Japanese Charvels and Jacksons.

In so much as I'd like to have the two of these on hand for personal comparison, I'm afraid the best I can do is a comparo with the Gunslinger Retro's cousin, the 2008 Black Power Gunslinger;

My other newest toy is this;

which you can see just behind the 'Slinger.

I've got a neck thru mahogany Warlock Deluxe coming my way hopefully by the end of this week, and I'm seriously thinking of getting a certain DK2M that I've been eyeing lately on eBay. Needless to say, the past 5 weeks have been spendy ones!

I'll tell you right now, these Korean BC Rich's be sweet mofo guitars, man. Very impressed with the quality and feel. These two Rich's, the forthcoming Warlock and possibly the DK2M acquisition are the first new guitars I've bought since the ol' Charvel Model 4 back in '86, and I bought that on a layaway plan! I bought all these on Visa{PayPal} and pay them off at the end of the month. Nice to be older with good credit and some money now!

If you guys are interested, I'll do a review and real intro to them in separate threads, cool?
                              Cheers.
                              G.

Comment

Working...
                              X