No announcement yet.

Gunslinger or DK2M?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been pretty pleased with my DK2M and I love the way sharkies look on the maple board. That's what actually caught my eye in the first place with the DK2M.

As for what to choose, by all means, try out both guitars if at all possible. I wouldn't choose the DK2M just because it has 24 frets or the Gunslinger just because it's got single-coil sized humbucker in the neck slot. Try both out and see which one feels and sounds better.
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

The retro MIK Gunslingers cost the same as the vintage MIA Gunslingers, which is a bit of a turnoff for me.

Comment

Dinky, ...

If quality of materials and execution are comparable, I prefer the Dinkys over almost everything, with the exception of the Ibanez RG's - their AANJ really is an improvement of the Dinky's basic design.

Of course, neck-through Soloists rule, but we are talking about mid-range guitars, aren't we?

Comment

I've made this decision already, I love maple boards, but the Gunslinger just edges it for me, because of the OFR, and the DiMarzios, I have a modded DXMG which plays great, and I installed an OFR, a Duncan Jazz, and Screamin' Demon, wired to split, so it'll be nice to go in a different direction, and not have to modify another guitar.
          Last edited by Chester73; 08-13-2008, 05:03 PM.
          The Guitars...
          2008 BC Rich Gunslinger Retro
          2003 Jackson DXMG [Modified with Duncan Jazz & Screamin' Demon & OFR]

'The wild boys go head to head... Like the good book says be quick or dead'...- David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...
          X