1987 USA BC Rich Ironbird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 USA BC Rich Ironbird

ARRRGGHHHH why does this happen when I'm in "you have bought enough guitars in the last 6 months" mode????

1987 USA BC Rich Ironbird, neck through, original Kahler, original DiMarzio Super Distortion in bridge & the original Dimarzio (don't know what it is) in neck, neck-through red, WITH OHSC and receipt from Sam Ash in 1987 hanging on the wall in a local shop.

Asking $350 for it.....WHY??????

I CAN'T TAKE IT PLEASE HELP ME.

Vass

Where??? I need some info!!! Been lookin for one of these for ever!! I'll pm ya!!!
    I'll pay ya a nice finders fee!!!!
    Last edited by DoubleA; 08-06-2008, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Meh, I prefer the Ironbird as a bass body - probably because that's where I first saw it

But for $350, I'd take it
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Just posting this as a follow-up. I put DoubleA & the store owner in touch with each other, and declined DoubleA's very generous offer of a "finder's fee".... the finder's fee would have almost been enough to cover the cost of the guitar!

I declined it simply because I don't deserve anything- Isn't my guitar, I just saw it. Apparently DoubleA's brother sold one a number of years back, has regretted it ever since, and hasn't been able to find one. Many if not all of us on this board have experienced that.

It's like having someone's long lost love's phone number & then making them pay you for them to re-connect. Shitty karma, not cool.

So I'm totally out of it! The guitar owner & DoubleA know how to get in touch with each other & are taking it from here. I only know what I saw of the guitar. Nothing else. If there's something wrong with the deal, don't blame Vass!!!

Congrats DoubleA, hope you and your bro love it, she sure looks like a beauty to me.

Vass

Comment

Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Neckthru....very nice.

Comment

Yes, need pics!!!

Comment

I didn't take any pics. Hopefully DoubleA will and put em up. It was mint, absolutely mint, EXCEPT for a full on chip to the wood on the upper wing- Typical spot, like a Rhoads chip we've all come to know so well.

Apparently guy had it in a case under his bed for the last 15-20 years.

Oh, and that's one big friggin' case. And it was mint too.

Vass

Comment

Damn, that's a steal for that guitar. I'd buy it instantly

Comment

Originally posted by Venomboy View Post
                    Damn, that's a steal for that guitar. I'd buy it instantly

+1 & i hate kahlers especially if it has the straight pull pointy headstock

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                      Just posting this as a follow-up. I put DoubleA & the store owner in touch with each other, and declined DoubleA's very generous offer of a "finder's fee".... the finder's fee would have almost been enough to cover the cost of the guitar!

I declined it simply because I don't deserve anything- Isn't my guitar, I just saw it. Apparently DoubleA's brother sold one a number of years back, has regretted it ever since, and hasn't been able to find one. Many if not all of us on this board have experienced that.

It's like having someone's long lost love's phone number & then making them pay you for them to re-connect. Shitty karma, not cool.

So I'm totally out of it! The guitar owner & DoubleA know how to get in touch with each other & are taking it from here. I only know what I saw of the guitar. Nothing else. If there's something wrong with the deal, don't blame Vass!!!

Congrats DoubleA, hope you and your bro love it, she sure looks like a beauty to me.

Vass
                      Its on the way!!! Should have it on Monday!!! My little bro is gonna be floored. He's been tryin to find one of these for a long time now.
                      I can't say enough good things about Vass This was a smokin deal and I would have been glad to of paid him the finders fee. Instead of taking the finders fee he asked me to pay a little extra to his buddy Mark (the guy who owns the store the Ironbird was hanging in).
                      Mark had givin him a good deal on another guitar before and he wanted to repay that favor by letting him make the extra cash.
                      He wouldn't even add the full finders fee I was offering, and Mark wouldn't even take any extra for shipping fee's

Pics will be posted as soon as she arrives!!

Comment

Vass, good lookin out man!
                        I would love to find a left handed Ironbird sometime, i remember there was a Red one on ebay about 2-3 years ago, I passed it up for an ADA MP-2 preamp, which I later sold anyway. Guys it sucks being a lefty for sure!

Can't wait to see those pictures!
                        'Howling in shadows
                        Living in a lunar spell
                        He finds his heaven
                        Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys- Really it couldn't have worked out any better. I was dying knowing that I wasn't really able to go out and grab another axe- I mean, I could have, but the question was, is it worth the inevitable fight? It probably was, and I probably would have just gone for it and been glad 2 years from now, but once I talked to DoubleA and heard he & his bro's story it just made it super-easy to walk away from the axe, knowing it would be going to someone who it REALLY meant something to, not just another axe in the collection.

I didn't know Mark ate the shipping- he really is a decent fella. He never expected anything out of me for giving me such a great score on my Pacer- business is business, right? But I got a rare chance to get some karma flowing when DoubleA posted, so why not?

I really wish I took some photos of it, so DoubleA, when she shows up, get some shots up here! And if you ever decide to let her go (which I doubt, after hearing how much trouble you guys went through to find her) let me know!!

Vass

Comment

Good score. I always wanted a neckthru Ironbird myself, but they are pretty damn rare. Can't wait to see pics.
                            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Pics when you get it please.They are very rare.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X