Warmoth Tele - Gold hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warmoth Tele - Gold hardware

This is the way it was meant to be. I missed it in my initial design. Original thread: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83792

Hope you all like it as much as I do!
    The Guitars:
    Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
    The Amps:
    Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

It looks like crap. Red dragon crap

With a maple board, it would be pretty nice for me. What are the pickups?(the cliché question)
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
      It looks like crap. Red dragon crap

With a maple board, it would be pretty nice for me. What are the pickups?(the cliché question)
      Red dragon crap...that's a new one. OK, I guess it isn't for everyone. LOL

Original thread: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83792

In case you were unable to read that in the initial post, the pickups are DiMarzio Tone Zone T in the bridge and a Seymour Hot Rails neck.

The fingerboard is kingwood.
      Last edited by DocNrock; 08-10-2008, 08:47 AM.
      The Guitars:
      Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
      The Amps:
      Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

looked better with black. Way better.

Comment

back in black all the way
          "Oh please, please dress as my sexy dead wife!" -

Comment

I guess it's just my age. I feel like the black hardware clashed too much with the bright yellow/red finish. I like the gold with the yellow/red finish, and the black pups and knobs make for a less obvious contrast.
            The Guitars:
            The Amps:

Comment

maybe, but i just think gold always looks a little tacky on guitars

Comment

FWIW, the pics don't do it justice. In person, it looks sweet.
                The Guitars:
                The Amps:

Comment

I like the gold, actually!
                  "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

The Gold looks great! Must be an age thing
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I like the gold on that color, its almost like a Phil Collen Jackson look.

Black would be blah.
                      Jackson KV2
                      Jackson KE1T
                      Jackson KE1F
                      Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
                        Must be. I usually prefer black, but the gold is looking sweet!
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by AfterForever View Post
                          I like the gold, actually!
                          Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
                          Originally posted by Larz View Post
                          I like the gold on that color, its almost like a Phil Collen Jackson look.

Black would be blah.
                          Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          Must be. I usually prefer black, but the gold is looking sweet!
                          Now this is more like it!

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I ususally prefer black, as well, but it just didn't work as well against this particular finish, IMHO.
                          The Guitars:
                          The Amps:

Comment

That amber/tangerine flamed top looks good with any color hardware, but the gold just makes it better.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              That amber/tangerine flamed top looks good with any color hardware, but the gold just makes it better.
                              The Guitars:
                              The Amps:

Comment

Working...
                              X