Carvin Guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin Guitars?

anyone have any experience with them. I have a jackson and i adore it, but carvin has pretty affordable costom guitars and im looking for something new and unusal.

check them out.

man get your hands on a Carvin v220 I've been drooling over them for a while now....

Comment

I didn't like the V220 at all, it played too much like a LP.

I had a DC 200 which , playability wise, was incredible. I noticed most carvins lack in the tone department, but they play so well, words really cannot describe.
      Originally posted by horns666
      The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Paid $770 for this Walnut DC 200 outstanding quality ! Heavy!
        Carvin offers the best bang for the buck 2nd only to GMW imo !!

My bass player ordered this one direct from Carvin... ALL KOA.. AC 40 custom made with real abalone
        dot markers in the maple fretboard..(and Carvin has the best QC on necks in the industry) All this
        shipped in a great case to his door for $1545.00 !! Imagine what this all Koa masterpiece would
        cost from the Jackson CS? $4500 ? More?

Last edited by Robert Burns; 08-10-2008, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Her's mine, I love it. Came out just as I'd hoped
          http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

They are good guitars, used to have a ultra v, was just lurking there last few nights actually, was thinking i might want another one.
            few of the things that keep me from them is there options, as in it's not realy a "custom" shop but more of a cataloge of options on their standard builds.
            They will say no a lot if it requires reprograming the CNC , but you just have to ask, and if someone says no try asking another person.

solid construction tho, they take pride in the appearance, like they really enjoy making stunning looking guitars, attention to detail.
            The lowest action i've ever played, in fact i had to raise it a tad to suit me better.

when i recieved mine in 93 they had changed their headstock design after the catalouge went out, and i recieved the newer design without warning, i was a bit pissed, but eventually it grew on me.
            that guitar was stolen, wish i still had it because it was one of the last ultra v's made before they discontinued them in 93, and now they are a little different, so it would have been a collectable.

Comment

They are built well and play great, I miss my old dc200. The basses are really nice as well.

Comment

I've got a DC135. I love it to bits, best guitar I've ever played hands down.

93 USA Soloist EDS
                USA HT6 Juggernaut
                Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I've had many Carvins. While to me the newer ones feel a bit sterile, the older ones are really nice. I have a 79' or 80' CM-130 inbound right now.......might be here tomorrow....I'll post pics when I get it.

Don't get me wrong about the newer ones though......they're still very well made and thought out guitars, it's just a feel thing to me.

Comment

My '02 SC90.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by blindmuddy View Post
                      Her's mine, I love it. Came out just as I'd hoped
                      Sa-weet!

- E.
                      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

I have one of their acoustics, although it's made overseas, it's held to pretty nice standards. I've been checking out the SH550 Semi-Hollow carved tops. Along with thier amps, they seem like pretty good bang for the buck but your cutting out the middle man so it helps. The downside of coarse is you don't get to test drive.
                        Fender Stratocaster Custom Shop Custom Classic
                        Fender Stratocaster Eric Clapton sig
                        Fender Telecaster Standard MM
                        Jackson Dinky DKMGT
                        Jackson Stealth EX
                        Charvel 375
                        Ibanez Daytripper
                        OLP Musicman
                        Carvin C250

Mesa 5:50 Express
                        Sonic 4 x 12

Comment

actually you do, you can return the guitar within 10 days if it does not meet your expectations.

Comment

I wish they could bind the neck.

Still seems like a good value for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                              I wish they could bind the neck.

Still seems like a good value for the money.
                              If you want a bound neck, go Warmoth. Only thing is, they don't bind headstocks.
                              The Guitars:
                              Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
                              The Amps:
                              Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Working...
                              X