No announcement yet.

Carvin Guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the CM-130.........heavy as hell. Unfortunately my amp died over the weekend,so I haven't had a chance to play it through anything other than my Boss BR-1600.......got a Carvin Legacy coming tomorrow though.

Comment

Here is a TL 60

Hell forget it pic won't post. Neck thru tele body pearl block inlays/ebony board.Very nice guitar all around.
      Last edited by straycat; 08-13-2008, 03:08 PM.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by DocNrock View Post
        If you want a bound neck, go Warmoth. Only thing is, they don't bind headstocks.
        I can't seem to find neck-thru guitars on Warmoth's site

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          I can't seem to find neck-thru guitars on Warmoth's site
          You're right, Warmoth are bolt on. but you can get a bound bolt on neck.
          http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            I wish they could bind the neck.

Still seems like a good value for the money.
            Thats part of the reason I opted for birdseye. To me it looks better without the binding

Comment

Originally posted by blindmuddy View Post
              You're right, Warmoth are bolt on. but you can get a bound bolt on neck.
              Exactly.
              The Guitars:
              Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
              The Amps:
              Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Thats part of the reason I opted for birdseye. To me it looks better without the binding
                Yeah, it does. But I want a bound ebony neck with diamond inlays and SS frets.

What about Jumbo vs. Med. Jumbo? I usually prefer the biggest frets money can buy. Can you have frets that are too large?

Comment

i used to scallop my boards half way (g,b,e strings), but now i kinda prefer to feel the wood of the board under my fingers, plus i play so hard on my left hand it's too easy to go outta tune., and im grinding frets down to the nubs, my practice guitar is not even a year old, and the frets are pitted and flattened, after about 8 months of just an hour or two 3 or 4 nights a week, (if that), sucks, i'm too afraid to play my expensive guitars much because of it.
                  Are Stainless Steel frets any more resilliant to wear?
                  I was even thinking what about titanium frets?, lol, cause seriously, a couple grand for a guitar and then to just burn it out it in a year and have to get an expensive refret, is um, just not in the budget.

Maybe i'll just keep buying 99 dollar starcasters for practicing

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
                    i used to scallop my boards half way (g,b,e strings), but now i kinda prefer to feel the wood of the board under my fingers, plus i play so hard on my left hand it's too easy to go outta tune., and im grinding frets down to the nubs, my practice guitar is not even a year old, and the frets are pitted and flattened, after about 8 months of just an hour or two 3 or 4 nights a week, (if that), sucks, i'm too afraid to play my expensive guitars much because of it.
                    Are Stainless Steel frets any more resilliant to wear?
                    I was even thinking what about titanium frets?, lol, cause seriously, a couple grand for a guitar and then to just burn it out it in a year and have to get an expensive refret, is um, just not in the budget.

Maybe i'll just keep buying 99 dollar starcasters for practicing

They claim that SS frets don't wear out. I got em on mine and cant notice any wear and I've been playing it ALOT. It's my main guitar.

Comment

hmnn, that's cool to know, i'll have to go read up on them

Comment

They claim that SS frets don't wear out. I got em on mine and cant notice any wear and I've been playing it ALOT. It's my main guitar.
                        ...and when Chris says he's been playing a lot that's like 7 times what the rest of us would do in the same time period - like dog years
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

oh and i think i'm gonna order a carvin - they have a couple new semi-hollow tele style guitars that can have the piezo and roland output in them.

- Newc

Comment

Was wondering about the string spacing at the nut on those Carvin electrics?
                            What exactly does a 1.7" nut feel like compared to a 1 11/16"?

Comment

A DC127 is definitely on my wish list. I hear nothing but good things about Carvin.
                              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by relativity View Post
                                Was wondering about the string spacing at the nut on those Carvin electrics?
                                What exactly does a 1.7" nut feel like compared to a 1 11/16"?
                                When you're older they'll teach you about fractions - 1 11/16" is 1.6875".

I'm pretty sure all the Carvin electrics have 1.69" wide nuts. They are using a common mathematical technique known as rounding.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                                X