Pulled the trigger on an OLP project guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulled the trigger on an OLP project guitar

A local shop has bought the surplus stock of OLP Axis Floyd Rose models and offered one to me for 100 bucks because it was used to extract parts for other guitars, it comes without a floyd and without pickups, apart from that it's a complete guitar.

This should be a fun dog to have around, I have a Duncan JB, a Dimarzio Super 2, An EMG set of an SA and an 81 lying around waiting to be installed into a guitar and I won't be having any trouble getting my hands on a Floyd. So as soon as it arrives I'll have plenty of options on how to make this one a playable guitar again, I'll keep you guys informed.

That is one killer deal, dude! Congrats!
    The Guitars:
    Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
    The Amps:
    Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

How good are this guitars really?
      '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
      '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
      custom made Les Paul
      VOX Tonelab LE
      Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
      ADA MP1
      BBE 422A
      Lexicon MPX-G2
      ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
      Support Your Local 81

Comment

Originally posted by El Chiguete View Post
        How good are this guitars really?
        The few I played had no issues whatsoever, the hardware looks flimsy and the pickups look kinda cheap too but they sound really good.

And seeing that this one almost comes without any hardware, this won't be of any concern. My guess is that OLP are made in the same factory that makes LTD guitars since their necks have a very similar feel.

Comment

They're not bad for a made in China piece.

I bought my son one of the non-floyd models for $75 and it's a fun little guitar with a pretty nice neck.

I'm sure you'll have fun toying with it.
          Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
          Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

That sort of looks like a wolfgang body.
            Jackson KV2
            Jackson KE1T
            Jackson KE1F
            Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
              That sort of looks like a wolfgang body.
              Actually it's a matching copy of the Musicman Van Halen model, the Wolfgang came several years afterwards.

This was EVH's main Musicman, which he used a LOT during the F.U.C.K. and Balance tours

And this was his main Wolfgang during the Gary Cherone years and the second Van Hagar era.

Comment

Working...
              X