Godin Model SD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godin Model SD

Saw it for sale locally in the UsedVictoria.com online classifieds. I thought, "Hmmmm...I've been looking for a maple fingerboard strat style axe. Perhaps this might do." I did some googling to find out more about it and it seemed promising. Let me tell you, it has exceeded my expectations and more!

Here it is;

The kids mom bought for him a few years ago and he lost interest in it pretty quickly. Been played probably a total of five times and believe you me, it looks new. $275 with a deluxe gigbag, quality cord and guitar stand.

This thing is so easy to play. It's set up perfectly for me. Nice natural neck feel and very comfy on the hands. It's as easy to play as my ol' Charvel Model 4, but it does have more meat to it. Kinda' like the new production Charvel necks. Midway between the old Charvel and the new production SD's.

The 5 way switch and chrome master volume and tone controls work smoothly without any scratchiness or resistance. The maple fingerboard is a thing of beauty as well as the neck. Look at the pics. You must agree.

For a low buck guitar, it certainly doesn't look or feel low buck. It's quality all the way.

I figure I scored pretty good. Not bad for a completely made and manufactured domestic, huh?
    Whaddaya'll think?
    G.
    Last edited by GinSonic; 08-12-2008, 10:44 PM.

I really like Godins. I've never tired one and not liked it. My guitar teacher has a Godin, albeit a $2000 one, and he loves it too. That's a really good buy in my books.
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Nice score! I use to do sounds checks for a friend of mine so he could hear his guitar thru the mains. His main guitar was a Godin. It played real nice. I liked it and want one.
      Just one more guitar!

Comment

I'm confused. The guitar in the pics isn't a Freeway Classic, this is:

...right?

Anyway, Godin makes cool guitars for sure. Love the maple fretboards.
        "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

AfterForever;
          I stand corrected. It indeed IS NOT A FREEWAY CLASSIC!
          It is a GODIN MODEL SD.

Not knowing much about it caused the confusion. Sorry. My bad. The seller advertised as such so my efforts in researching at the time were based on that info. I see now the model designation on the headstock which says the above. I saw it before, but just thought it was a Freeway classic model sd.

Still a sweet, cheap n' cheerful axe though.

MODERATORS!!!!!!!
          I thought I could edit the title, but I discovered that it's a no go.
          Can one of you change the title to"Godin Model SD?" If you please.
          Thanks.
          Cheers.
          G.
          Last edited by GinSonic; 08-14-2008, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
            I really like Godins. I've never tired one and not liked it.
            I've had the same experience. LGXSA, Glissentar, several others. All very nice.

Comment

I lucked out when I found my G-2000 (or at least I THINK that's what its called) in a pawn shop for $125. It was tucked away in a corner somewhere, with most of its strings removed.

I brought it home, gave it some TLC, and ended up with a complete and total monster of a guitar. It sustains like a banshee and doesn't go out of tune at all. It's a great guitar.

Comment

Please tell me you found it "strung" that way.
                "POOP"

Comment

Yes. It was strung that way. I gave it a second look too when I went to view it before buying. Damn rookie!
                  G.

Comment

That's not so bad stringing. I bought an Ernie Ball Sub 1 once. The balls are setup so the strings stay perfectly straight all the way to the tuner pegs. The joker strung the high E and B on the other side of the peg.

I have an Exit 22 with the rosewood frettboard. Same shape as an SD but it's a hard tail. Mahogany body. I keep it at work for lunchtime playing. No pickguard (newer SD's have none either).

They are very nice guitars. I researched them before buying mine used. They make the majority of replacement parts for other guitar companies. So you're buddy buying a genuine Fender American replacement neck might actually be getting one made up in Quebec.

jack
                    Jackson PS-4
                    04 Ernie Ball Musicman Axis Supersport MM90
                    04 Ernie Ball Musicman Sub 1 HH
                    06 Godin Exit 22 HSS
                    69 Guild Studio 302 ch (original owner)
                    00 Ovation S771 Custom Balladeer
                    Stagg B500EX death metal guitar
                    08 Little Martin

Comment

Working...
                    X