MIJ Epiphone Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIJ Epiphone Q

I have an Epiphone acoustic on my bench and can't really date it.Its a MIJ with the pearl block inlays, neck binding.
    Looks to be pretty old 70's? its an exellante FT 550.
    If anyone has a price guide look this up for me please.

[/IMG]
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Here is a shot of the front

[/IMG]

Comment

I have an Ft140 That i got when i first started playing. Still have it too. does yours have the bolt on neck? I got mine in about 78 when i was 16. It was about 350 then i think. Now it isnt worth much other than the sentimantal value to me. Since dad bought it for me and the histroy i've had with the guitar. truth be told mine is only worth about 100-150 on the street. Yours maybe 200-250. on the street providing its all still in excellent conditi0n and has no issues.
      Gil

Comment

Its a set in neck like all acoustics. Its a pretty fancy guitar the back is like a D35(I think that number is correct) Martin it has a wedge of flame maple on the back.
        I had never heard of the excellente model My old price guide just lists the USA excellente model from Kalamzoo factory and they are bringing $4000.00 +.
        I'm sure the Jap models are bringing some good money now a days.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
          Its a set in neck like all acoustics. Its a pretty fancy guitar the back is like a D35(I think that number is correct) Martin it has a wedge of flame maple on the back.
          I had never heard of the excellente model My old price guide just lists the USA excellente model from Kalamzoo factory and they are bringing $4000.00 +.
          I'm sure the Jap models are bringing some good money now a days.
          Not all acoustics are set neck. My Tacomas are bolt-ons.
          Taylors are also bolt-ons as well as some of the new Gibsons.
          RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
          CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
          Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
          Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

I've had some big baby Taylors and yes they were bolt on.I think the only bolt ons Taylor makes I could be wrong.
            I have done some research and its worth about $250 -$300.
            I did all I could to it truss rod adj,re-cut the nut, filed the saddle. This one needs a neck reset.So now I have to tell the customer his $250.00 guitar is going to need a $175.00 neck reset.
            Oh well thats life!

Comment

I had an Epiphone acoustic that was nearly identical to the one pictured, and it was a bolt-on. It had a 'truss rod' type cover over the neck bolts. It was weird when I first saw this picture cause it looks so much like mine.
              Unfortunately I don't know much about them, so I can't really help much there.
              Maybe Epiphone can help you if you email them?
              'Howling in shadows
              Living in a lunar spell
              He finds his heaven
              Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Working...
              X