Parker Nitefly SA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parker Nitefly SA

I scored one of these over the weekend. Unbelieveable craigslist deal. Never had a Parker but I must say I'm hooked. These guitars are unbelieveable. The tone is lovely. Playability is second to none. And it sounds better than the Fly because it actually has wood in it. I'm digging this one and trying to fight the urge to buy 4 more.

I'm angry because you're stupid

Cool!! Now paint it with a Warren Skull get-up...

Comment

I've got a Nitefly Mojo, and there is much to love. The thing I find with it is it's so unconventional that there's also plenty of potential turn-offs. I love the sound, the stainless steel frets, the bridge and look of the headstock...but the upper bout of the body pokes me occasionally, the neck feels more like a painted neck than an oiled neck, and it's far from the fastest guitar I've got.

Not sure if it's just mine, but I get pops when engaging the piezos...speaking of which, the piezos really need to be dialled back to sound good.

Comment

KMud,
        No pop in my piezos at all. Very quiet when I switch from one to the other.

No problem with the upper horn either.

Comment

Nice score, i've been thinking about one too someday!

Comment

They are pretty sweet.

First time I remember seeing one was David Bowie's guitarist using one on some late night talk show. I thought they looked cool back then.

About a year ago this shop in town got a Fly model and they let me take it home for the weekend to see if I dug it. I just didn't like the tone that came from it. I chalked it up to the composite body and neck.

But this one has great tone. The swamp ash body is nice. Bolt on mahogany neck fused with that composite/glass resin. The stainless steel frets are adheared to the resin some strange way. Pretty cool really.

But this thing has massive balls. Don't know what kind of DiMarzio it's patterned after because they are made just for Parker but I've read they are like a Tone Zone. That makes sense because this Fly has some bite to it.

I love this thing.

Oh yeah, you only need a wet rag to clean the fretboard. Gotta love that.

Comment

I've played a couple of Parkers, and since doing so I've always wanted one. They do feel fantastic.

The first one I played is what converted me to stainless frets. I want em in all my guitars!

I'd still like to get a fly someday, nice score!

Comment

Congrats on the new guitfiddle! I've only played one Parker and it was owned by Mark Farner. Super smooth action!
                "POOP"

Comment

I've been considering one of these also.

The used niteflys are a real bargain from the sound of it, though I'd like some fretmarkers.
                  Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
                  Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

I love blank boards so the fretmarkers are no biggie to me. But there are very wide side ovals, somewhat like the older ESP's, that help you see where you are pretty good.

Mark,
                    Thanks bro.

Comment

nice grab! i'm still partial to the fly deluxe; they're made of basswood, but are coated in carbon fiber, iirc.
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Parker made some of the best sounding/playing guitars IMO!!!
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'm sold. Completely. These things rule.

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                            nice grab! i'm still partial to the fly deluxe; they're made of basswood, but are coated in carbon fiber, iirc.
                            Basswood necks with poplar body.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Scott, that looks great! Is there much wood routed out under the pickguard?
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X