No announcement yet.

Parker Nitefly SA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My buddy has a Parkey Fly and it is by far the best guitar I've played. It practically plays itself.

I still remember trying not to laugh at the salesman when he said they were coated in kevlar and were therefore bullet-proof.
    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Scott, that looks great! Is there much wood routed out under the pickguard?
      Joe,
      Thanks man! I'm not sure how much is routed. I have not lifted the pickguard to see. Next time I restring I'll pull it and check it out.
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Cool. Thanks. I was always kinda curious about what they looked like underneath the guard.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Bengal speaks the truth, Parkers are pretty amazing beasts. I had been curious to try one for awhile and decide to pick up a Fly Deluxe used for $1000. By god a used Parker for that price has been the best bang for the buck I have ever come across not too mention the versatility . They feel alittle weird at 1st but once you get over the initial feel they play themselves and have the sickest sustain. I find myself even more inspired to play and it is hogging up alot of the play time within the collection.

I also agree I luv the Dimarzio pickups in these. I thought they would be weak and I'd want to try and swap them out. But I think it's my favorite pickup currently, such great bite to them. Mine is a '96 and it sounds like they have since changed these Dimarzio's.

The Piezo is also a blast to play with ( never tried one before) Soo much fun playing Opeth tunes and flicking it on for the clean and acoustic parts.

I was soo impressed a week later I dropped big money on a limited Silverburst Fly Mojo. (only 8 made) Now this one is a totally different beast being Mahogany and comes with Duncans ( custom custom and pearly gates)
          It is definately more geared towards classic rock tones. I was kinda bummed out at 1st because it sounded so drastically different from my Fly Deluxe. . The tone and the Dimarzio's are more my style ( not too mention a hell of alot cheaper pricetag) In all honesty I prefer the used Fly Deluxe more and can't recommend getting a used one enough to anyone curious about Parkers.
          It does raise the question is there a big difference between old Parkers and newer Washburn era Parkers.

matches my Demon

Comment

Wow! Nice Parkers man. Love that silverburst. Hell, both are kick ass. Very nice.

And I guess that Jackson is OK. HA! Kidding, nice one there too.

When did Washburn take over Parker?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikernaut2 View Post
              What's that thing on the body towards the strap button? I notice your other one doesn't have it.

Comment

It's the adjustment knob to switch the trem from floating to dive-only to fixed. More recent models have it on the back of the guitar.

A Fly Deluxe or maybe Fly Classic in any color but black is pretty much my ideal guitar. I hope to pick up a used one in the next year.

Comment

I still kick myself for never picking up a NiteFly back when GC was blowing them out for about $400-500 about 10 years ago.

Comment

The trem really is a thing of beauty. Very functional and very easy to set up.

Mine has a set screw in the back of the guitar to adjust how you want the trem to behave. Very nice if you need to alternate tune for only one song, lock the screw and it's a hardtail.

I'm still getting use to the foam "condom" on the tip of the bar though.

Mine also came with a much smaller bar that bends to the left almost like it's supposed to be a left handed bar but it's about a 3rd the size of the normal bar. Anyone know what that one's for?

I'm sold on these. Resisting the urge to trade everything I have for more Flys.

Comment

To answer the question above, Washburn took over around 2004. The pre-Washburn Parkers are noticeably better guitars.
                      Scott

Comment

Mine is a 2001 so I guess I can get use to saying Pre-Washburn Parker. HA!

Mine was made right after they revamped the Nitefly line. December 2001. 63rd guitar Parker made that month. I like it when you can get all that from a serial number.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                          It's the adjustment knob to switch the trem from floating to dive-only to fixed. More recent models have it on the back of the guitar.
                          Ah, I see. Thanks!

Comment

Pre-Washed
                            "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                              Pre-Washed
                              Perfect! Thanks Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                                To answer the question above, Washburn took over around 2004. The pre-Washburn Parkers are noticeably better guitars.
                                I'm not sure I buy the noticeably better line. I played one of each a couple years ago and the newer one was just as good if not better. Maybe I had an exceptional model or models, but that was my experience for what it's worth.

I personally wouldn't hesitate to buy a newer one.

Comment

Working...
                                X