No announcement yet.

Parker Nitefly SA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theres actually some really neat elements to the design of Parkers. The wheel on the old ones adjusts the tension of the spring plate it has vs the usual coil springs to the tremolo. In the new versions it doesn't stick out the front and is adjusted through a hole in the back. There also is switch/lever in the back that Bengal mentioned that changes it from fixed bridge mode to floating trem mode.

The bodys are very sleek, and kinda form fitting against your midsection with the exception of the top square horn that can still somewhat poke you in the chest when playing sitting down. The lower horn has a flattened bottom edge that acts as a rest/stand for the top of your left leg when siting.
    The trussrod is easily accessible in the L shaped headstock. It sits on the bottom at the corner of the L close to the nut.
    The necks are thin but not Ibanez wizard thin and the guitars weigh 4-5lbs so they feel like theres nothing on the end of your strap.
    Stainless steel frets and the carbon fiber fretboard give it some crazy sustain and for a guitar so thin it has some amazing resonance.

When placing your hand under the 24thfret/neck pickup area it's around 1 1/2" in thickness or so and has a really comforting feel for the higher fret access. Check out how thin the horn areas are.

I've noticed the newer Silverburst Fly I have has alittle bit thicker body (and neck) probably because it routed for normal pickups and pickup rings. Apparently they have been getting alot of requests for this so pickup swapping can be done alot easier.
    Last edited by Mikernaut2; 09-02-2008, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post

I'm still getting use to the foam "condom" on the tip of the bar though.
      The foam thing should come right off...I'm told the fender tips fit, though I haven't tried.

Comment

Damn, those pics reminded me that I really want to buy one of those some day.....

Comment

I played a white one just like the one in the pic...Felt like playing it all friggin day! So comfy...I think it had a $3500 tag on it though.... Talk about great upper fret access!!!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
            I'm not sure I buy the noticeably better line. I played one of each a couple years ago and the newer one was just as good if not better. Maybe I had an exceptional model or models, but that was my experience for what it's worth.

I personally wouldn't hesitate to buy a newer one.
            The Washburn models I played felt like they were regular guitars that looked like Flys...hard to describe.

It was right after they took over though, so maybe there was an adjustment period.
            Scott

Comment

Working...
            X