ESP Tiger ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP Tiger ???

Could some knowledgeable ESP peeeps take a look at this and give me their thoughts?

Floyd Rose 2 for a bridge
    EMG 81 in bridge
    Fully scalloped neck

Owner has owned it for 16 years, but is not the orginal owner. He's a Gibson guy who got it for "80's" stuff. Says its been sitting in his closet for years. $425...

I'd snag that up! The ltds go for more then that.

Comment

I'm

I'm just a little unsure about its authenticity.

Here...look at the back of the neck...no ESP stamp. And look at the bolt on plate...straight vs. angled.

Last edited by mustaine-who?; 09-04-2008, 07:48 AM.

Comment

16 years ago, ESP may not have used a stamp on the back of the headstock. The angled neck plate looks as if it might be a newer form of update. Looks weird as shit.
        "POOP"

Comment

nice looking guitar

However sperzels and no locking nut for the floyd??

would that be stable?

Comment

they didnt use the ESP stamp back in then. i had an m1 back in the 80's & it had a strange bevel in the rear & the neck heal section was almost recessed & yes it also had the angled neck plate. i could be wrong but i dont think its an ESP neck, ESP didnt have a straight cut fret board overhang.

Comment

Good

Good eye...didn't even see that. Plus looks like a string retainer on the headstock as well? Starting to smell like a clone to me...

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
              nice looking guitar

However sperzels and no locking nut for the floyd??

would that be stable?

Comment

I have a mutt with that body. it orginally had a vintage trembut now it has a kahler. I couldn't find out if it was real or not. With the SD distortion in it , it gets that lynch sound.

Comment

Clone or not, I'd still like to have it.

Comment

me too !!

Well, it looks very much like George Lynch's ESP tiger. Except for the nut part. Proly you could get one of those top loading floyd locking nuts. but its a great price!!

Sam

Comment

I'd buy it ,especially for that price.Can you play it before you buy it ?
                      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Yep

Yep...sure can. Its a bit of a drive for me...probably 1.5 hours away. Might see if he bites on $400.

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                        I'd buy it ,especially for that price.Can you play it before you buy it ?

Comment

Dude thats crazy pick that thing up!!!

Comment

I'm pretty sure its not an ESP. Cloning Lynch type guitars is quite common. But its a nice guitar.
                            All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

It could be real or fake it's hard to really distinguish from the photo's. Maybe the guys from the ESP Forum could help you?
                              I'm kind of leaning toward 'clone' only because of the low price, and mismatched hardware colors.
                              Lynch guitars hold their value almost like the Ibanez Steve Vai guitars and have a cult following.

I would say just by based on the pictures to go ahead and snag it up. Mainly for 2 reasons;
                              #1: The parts,body,and neck are easily worth that price if you parted it out.
                              #2: It could turn out to be a real one and then you got a hell of a deal.

1-1/2 hour drive is do-able and definitely worth the time to check it out first hand and see if it's a good playing axe.

Good luck, hope it turns out in your favor!
                              'Howling in shadows
                              Living in a lunar spell
                              He finds his heaven
                              Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Working...
                              X