Another quick catch - Hamer Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another quick catch - Hamer Special

I just picked this one up on a trade - 1994 Hamer Special. It has a vintage look to it with the covered JB/59's and lots of traditional relicing. Don't know what what else to say, except it weighs almost nothing compared to my Les Pauls. Now the big question is do I work on it, keep it or turn it around? Who knows...

Very nice, Pete! I've got a '95 Special FM (flame maple top) that's killer.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i have one with P90's, a '93. they are nice gitars. i wish mine had humbuckers though so i could use it more onstage. the P90's hum WAY to much. i tried those di'marzio P90 shaped humbuckers, but the "meat" of the guitar vanished. it became a wimpy, thin sounding turd - instead of the throaty, growling beast that it is now.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

sweet! I've always wanted a white one of those. They remind me of Steve Stevens & Gary Moore.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

i tryed some really pretty hamers when i perchased my Explorer and i could not get on with them as they felt like Epiphone. Hows that play?
          no sig.....

Comment

epiphone?!?! wow....my hamer plays as well as, if not better in some ways, than my PRS. that translates to almost effortless!!!
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by asix View Post
              i tryed some really pretty hamers when i perchased my Explorer and i could not get on with them as they felt like Epiphone. Hows that play?
              Did you play a USA Hamer or an import?
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Except maybe one of the Indonesian/Chinese made ones, No USA Hamer I ever played felt like an Epiphone. Go back and try them again... only USA's say USA on the headstock.
                Last edited by lhrocker; 09-23-2008, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lhrocker View Post
                  No USA Hamer I ever played felt like an Epiphone, except maybe one of the Indonesian/Chinese made ones. Go back and try them again... only USA's say USA on the headstock.
                  I wasn't aware that China or Idonesia were in the US, A new state?
                  Out Of Ideas

Comment

Working...
                  X