USA Jackson Strat Mutt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Jackson Strat Mutt

Well I got the Jackson off e-bay today and what a surprise, it's a very nice playing guitar with some heft to it. So.... I had to take her apart to get the real deal. What I found was a USA Jackson Neck - sn 3086. The frets look like they've hardly been played and the fretboard is a nice thick slab of rosewood. The neck pocket of the body reads NY, 8-10. It looks to me kind of like an ESP/48th Street Custom body. The body is 3 piece alder with a veneer on the top and bottom to hide the pieces. The pickups are EMG's and sound very good. The Floyd says Floyd Rose Original on it, but it looks like a newer model except the bridge posts are screws instead of anchors/posts.

All in all, it's a very nice guitar made with very nice parts. I don't know what I'm going to do with it right now, but here are a few pictures...

Let the floodgates open:

Nice color.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Are the records for that stuff still around? Could you look up somewhere what type of body and paint #3086 was?

Comment

how much do you want for the body, i feel a mutt of my own coming on.
        no sig.....

Comment

still a great deal...

Comment

Nice looking mutt, nice parts.

Point of clarification: the number on the neck heel is the work order #, not serial number. Not the same thing.

Comment

Looks a lot nicer then in the auction. Damn I should have bid on that !

Comment

Working...
              X