Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've Been Holding Out On You Guys

I have this coming.......Rico Jr. Custom Archtop Jekyll

I was going to wait until I received this to post pics.

However, I am a little perplexed as to what I should do with the color - keep it or tell him to repaint.

It was suppose to be the color of the PRS below but you can see in the pics its way brown.

You guys like think the brown looks OK?

The way I saw it the PRS is more of an Amber and the Rico is all brown. I guess I must be color blind cause I originally thought the PRS was a Tigerburst - more of an orange.

People then told me no that it was more of a violin brown. But brown was not what I wanted originally - I wanted Tigerburst - more of an Orange/Brown color.

Check it out.........

PRS Color......

Rico Color...

PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

My eyes must be worse than yours. I thought it was trans black.
    If you don't like it have them reshoot the finish before too long.
    BTW, have they shot the clear on that Rico pic? it may change the colors.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

No they have not put the clear coat on it yet.

Will that change it?
      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I was thinking the same thing...Looks like they haven't shot it with color yet...Probably just showing you how the stripes came out...Could that be? Nice so far though!

Give em a call....
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

If it hasn't been cleared yet, they can add some orange to the clear coat to give it more life.
          It does seem kinda blah, but it also looks like they're not done yet.
          Get on the phone and ask them to warm it up some more.
          -Rick

Comment

That could be the base color for the amber? You take the black, sand down and reshoot. It allows the flame to "pop" better.
            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

That's not a PRS.. its one of Nik Huber's guitars.. Nik's good people and an awesome builder in his own right.. and his stuff is mucho $$$ more than PRS and so is the wait...but worth it if you got the money and the time.
              THAT particular Huber looks to be one of his wrap around "Dolphin" models.
              DiMarzio Endorsee
              www.dimarzio.com
              Morley Endorsee
              www.morley.com
              "Intelli-Shred" author
              www.myspace.com/intellishred
              NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Originally posted by KevinDguitar View Post
                That's not a PRS.. its one of Nik Huber's guitars.. Nik's good people and an awesome builder in his own right.. and his stuff is mucho $$$ more than PRS and so is the wait...but worth it if you got the money and the time.
                THAT particular Huber looks to be one of his wrap around "Dolphin" models.
                I tried a couple of Huber's and didn't like them near as much as a PRS CU 24 with reg carve. Just felt different, and not for me.
                They are stunning and I almost committed to an Orca at one time.

BTW: you have the wrong Morley in your sig. The url goes to an investment banking firm.

Comment

Where'd your Rico pic go???

Comment

Working...
                  X