1987 Kramer Kline Fly graphic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 Kramer Kline Fly graphic

Ok, so here is the Baretta that I won on eBay a few weeks ago. When I got it, it had a chrome OFR and chrome volume knob. I had a black OFR and black knob, so I replaced the chrome hardware. I think this is pretty much the original color of hardware now. I polished the frets and oiled the board and set it up with 9 - 42's with low action. The Duncan is a Custom Custom, one of my favorite SD's. Anyway, here are the pics:

MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Ceceile, help me...........
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!AW
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Alvin, what is the purpose for mounting a humbucker at that angle?
        "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
          Mark, I have no freaking idea. :dunno: I notice it a lot on Kramer guitars.
          MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
            These guitars were produced before the advent of the "trem spaced" humbucker. If I'm not mistaken, by tilting it like that it lined the pole pieces up better with the strings.

And that's a kick ass guitar Alvin.

Comment

Kick ass!
              "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

That is killer....Love those old Klein graphic Barettas!

Comment

Alvin, you got a good one there dude,I'd hang onto this one for a while. My old Kramers were fairly heavy, how does yours feel? Probably has a nice tone and it's in very nice shape for it's age also. Nice score!
                  'Howling in shadows
                  Living in a lunar spell
                  He finds his heaven
                  Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by WAR IN D View Post
                    These guitars were produced before the advent of the "trem spaced" humbucker. If I'm not mistaken, by tilting it like that it lined the pole pieces up better with the strings.

And that's a kick ass guitar Alvin.
                    A common misconception...if you notice when the guitar is held at a typical angle while playing on stage the pickup is perpendicular to the stage as it should be.

PS: sweet guitar
                    Last edited by livebiz; 09-24-2008, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Livebiz that makes no sense at all.
                      Altho' made of ESP parts its a damn nice Kline for sure and a great guitar. Very nice AW you score again!
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                        Livebiz that makes no sense at all.
                        Altho' made of ESP parts its a damn nice Kline for sure and a great guitar. Very nice AW you score again!
                        Just dry humor, I'm assuming the dude with 4,000+ posts knows why the pickup is slanted and was just being humorous.

Comment

Awesome guitar. The old Kramers were really nice. Great Score!!

Comment

I don't have 4,000 + posts but I'll give the slanted pickup thing a try. I believe the slanted pickup deal came about by the ultimate guitar frankenstein building, pickup rewinding master himself, EVH. I could be wrong, though. It helps the average player get the "brown" sound.
                            Last edited by john.w.lawson; 09-25-2008, 08:02 AM.
                            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Perhaps that might be why, I'd go along with that one. Also it might be modeled after the Fender Strat's bridge pickup, while Kramer were building their own "Super Strat" just to remain competitive.
                              Not really sure, but it could be a number of things. It sure looks cool, I know that.
                              'Howling in shadows
                              Living in a lunar spell
                              He finds his heaven
                              Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Working...
                              X