Why does this guy get overlooked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does this guy get overlooked?

It amazed me that Gibson has never made a Floyded Explorer as a Mathias Jabs signature model. The guy deserves it, and that's a Gibson I'd actually buy.

Correct me if I'm wrong about the "never."

Gibson didn't really do signature models back when the Scorps were at their peak of popularity, but wasn't there some kind of hotrodded Explorer that was basically his sig model?

Comment

Supposedly Trems on Explorers fuck something up with the sound or something, I forget what the problem is but I'd rather have something else.

Comment

In the 80s there were trem equipped Explorers but they had kahlers...
        '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
        '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
        '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
        '92 Fender Strat scallop
        '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
        '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
          Gibson didn't really do signature models back when the Scorps were at their peak of popularity, but wasn't there some kind of hotrodded Explorer that was basically his sig model?
          Yes, both Mathias and Rudolph had their own signature Gibsons back in the then, that you could buy. Obviously, his was an explorer, white, with the black stripes, and Rudolph's was a Flying V, black and white. I even remember guitar mag ads for them.
          I'm not Ron!

Comment

Didn't Gibson have him endorsing the weird "squashed" Explorer 90? They had Floyds, and 24 frets IIRC. A buddy of mine had one - nice guitar, but damn fugly.

Comment

Explorer AND V 90s had 24 frets, split diamond inlays and floyds.. I've seen a few string thrus also.
              DiMarzio Endorsee
              www.dimarzio.com
              Morley Endorsee
              www.morley.com
              "Intelli-Shred" author
              www.myspace.com/intellishred
              NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

There was an actual Jabs Explorer on the bay about a month ago. Made for him, played by him, and all that.
                Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

I don't know how he got overlooked for so long. Matthias is a badass! He's actually been playing German made Dommenget guitars for a long time. The Floyd thing certainly didn't fuck things up for him. I wanted one bad for a while but they are really expensive. I get nervous shipping a guitar from another state. I would go nuts if I shipped this bad boy from Germany.

http://www.mjguitars.de/html/explorer_us.html
                  "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                  I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
                    I don't know how he got overlooked for so long. Matthias is a badass! He's actually been playing German made Dommenget guitars for a long time. The Floyd thing certainly didn't fuck things up for him. I wanted one bad for a while but they are really expensive. I get nervous shipping a guitar from another state. I would go nuts if I shipped this bad boy from Germany.

http://www.mjguitars.de/html/explorer_us.html
                    Crap dude, that one they have priced at over 25K US! Or am I reading that wrong?
                    "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Argh! Starship Enterprise inlay!
                      I think I've just had a nerdgasm.....

Comment

like this? 220289365858
                        Maybe the dingo at your baby?

Comment

Working...
                        X