You have got to be kidding me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have got to be kidding me

This may be the laziest thing I'.........nevermind I'm pretty lazy myself....it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/gibso...RWXGB&ZYXSEM=0
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Yeah I hear ya! I think there was a similar thread here with the same title after the first announcement on these.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I heard that Gibson is working on a guitar that has "auto fret" and "auto plectrum" capabilities. The CyberFret(TM) technology splits a single fret into six discrete units, each with an attached micro-servo activator beneath the fretboard. When activated via the onboard CPU, the specific fret zone moves upwards to contact the string, automatically fretting it.

The AutoPik(TM) mechanics are built into a heavily-modified Tune-O-Matic bridge. They look almost like dimunitive windshield-washer arms. Also controlled by the guitar's CPU, they pluck the strings singly or in combination to achieve chords or lead riffs .

Using a Micro SD memory card, entire songs or sets can be loaded into the guitar's 30MB hard drive so the performer can concentrate on singing, theatrics, etc.

In addition to being able to play back from the card, the user can also play the guitar in the traditional manner and record to the hard drive or memory. No longer will a musician have to lament about never being able to perform flawlessly; all they have to do is record their material to the guitar's memory. They'll never play a wrong note again - or being out of tune, as the Robot Tuner is also onboard!

What's particularly exciting is that guitar players will be able to purchase performances in different musical genres and artist styles. It's rumored that Gibson has already signed Brad Paisley, George Lynch, Eddie Van Halen, Dickie Betts, B.B. King and Joe Walsh - and that's just to start. Ever wonder how B.B. King would play "Mr. Scary", or Brad Paisley play "Eruption"? How about Zakk Wylde blugrass riffs? Soon you'll be able to find out for yourself!

[The preceding was a work of total fiction, inspired by the absurdity of modern technology and lack of sleep. Heaven help us all if they ever do try something like that!]
      WarPig____________________________________________
      "Live every day as if it were your last...
      ...one day it will be."

Comment

It looks like more work than tuning a tune-o-matic by hand. When they make one that will restring a Flyod, they will have my attention.

Comment

I really dig the metallic green SG with the carbon fiber pickguard. That is a sweet looking geetar. The electronics I could do without - prolly ridiculously neck heavy.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Yamaha did this 20 years ago with a bass. each fret is 4 piezo pickups as well as each bridge sadle. i know a guy named Bobbi Sirkin that has one and can play bass, keys, and drums at the same time on it.

doesn't auto this and that. but is one hell of a midi controller.

Originally posted by WarPig View Post
            I heard that Gibson is working on a guitar that has "auto fret" and "auto plectrum" capabilities. The CyberFret(TM) technology splits a single fret into six discrete units, each with an attached micro-servo activator beneath the fretboard. When activated via the onboard CPU, the specific fret zone moves upwards to contact the string, automatically fretting it.

The AutoPik(TM) mechanics are built into a heavily-modified Tune-O-Matic bridge. They look almost like dimunitive windshield-washer arms. Also controlled by the guitar's CPU, they pluck the strings singly or in combination to achieve chords or lead riffs .

Using a Micro SD memory card, entire songs or sets can be loaded into the guitar's 30MB hard drive so the performer can concentrate on singing, theatrics, etc.

In addition to being able to play back from the card, the user can also play the guitar in the traditional manner and record to the hard drive or memory. No longer will a musician have to lament about never being able to perform flawlessly; all they have to do is record their material to the guitar's memory. They'll never play a wrong note again - or being out of tune, as the Robot Tuner is also onboard!

What's particularly exciting is that guitar players will be able to purchase performances in different musical genres and artist styles. It's rumored that Gibson has already signed Brad Paisley, George Lynch, Eddie Van Halen, Dickie Betts, B.B. King and Joe Walsh - and that's just to start. Ever wonder how B.B. King would play "Mr. Scary", or Brad Paisley play "Eruption"? How about Zakk Wylde blugrass riffs? Soon you'll be able to find out for yourself!

[The preceding was a work of total fiction, inspired by the absurdity of modern technology and lack of sleep. Heaven help us all if they ever do try something like that!]
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
              Yamaha did this 20 years ago with a bass.
              ... doesn't auto this and that. but is one hell of a midi controller.
              Actually, that bit of fantasy was based on the Yamaha EZ-EG.

I know Roland did a synth bass, but didn't know about Yamaha. Cool.

Yamaha also did a midi controller guitar (G10), which run about $500 used these days (controller and interface). Then there was the Ibanez Xing, which was a hybrid midi/synth controller as well as guitar (the Roland unit had a dedicated synth stompbox; the Ibanez was more like the Yamaha).

Fun stuff!
              WarPig____________________________________________
              "Live every day as if it were your last...
              ...one day it will be."

Comment

Needs a robot Floyd.
                My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Working...
                X