EBMM Petrucci

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBMM Petrucci

For the folks who have played one...how do they compare to a Soloist or DK-1? Neck feel? Speed?

Really interested in one...just got a new job with a big promotion, and I'm looking at getting myself a little present...

Tho totally different, I'm also madly in love with a Caparison TAT...

The med jumbo frets suck for me but the necks are very comfy. I only played one in GC(I thought it was the cheap one but it wasn't). That said they don't feel anything like a jackson think washburn or peavey but not that thick.

Comment

On

On a side note Rich...I'm actually moving to Chicago. Will be working in Niles.

Your description of the EBMMP makes me go ewwwww. Is the Ibanez P the same?

Comment

Your description of the EBMMP makes me go ewwwww.
        I actually liked the neck. I avoid trying Ibanezs so I don't know about the P.
        I work in Aurora but I don't live that far from Niles. 10 mile drive

Comment

I loved my Ibanez Petrucci... neck was not thin, however.
          Seemed like a pretty full C shape... but fast.
          And toneful.
          I need another.
          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
          --floydkramer

Comment

I had one that I sold a few months ago. Neck is quite thin. I'm used to the Jackson WR-1 shape neck and I could never get used to the EBMM neck. I've never tried a KV speed neck or a USA Soloist. I've played the the Sam Ash Import Soloist and a SLATQ and both of those necks were comfy to me. I haven't tried a Caparison TAT yet either, but the neck on my Apple Horn is perfect.

Comment

The neck isn't Ibanez Wizard thin. I'd say it's about medium thickness. I've played Jackson bolt-on necks that were much thinner. The shape is a nice round C that fits in your hand perfectly. If the body on the Petrucci was something other than basswood, I'd own one.

Comment

The EBMM I had was really fucking thin. Way too thin. Thinner than my JEMs and an RG.
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by mustaine-who? View Post

Your description of the EBMMP makes me go ewwwww. Is the Ibanez P the same?
                  I have both a Petrucci EBMM in Mystic Dream as well as an Ibanez P1. The EBMM feels nothing like a Jackson but it is nice. The EBMM is also much higher quality than the Ibanez P1. Both have thinner necks than Jacksons to me. I prefer Jacksons over anything else but the EBMM Petrucci is indeed a very nice guitar! And there is nothing wrong with Basswood. My EBMM Petrucci, Charvel EVH art series, and Charvel Model 6 are all Basswood!
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

I've got two of them that are my main guitars. I actually sold off some of my Jacksons and Charvels to get them. I love them personally. The necks are the best feeling necks to my hands. I've had thinner and thicker ones but these are a nice inbetween feel to me. I also like the fret size (6100's I think). I can get pretty much any tone I want out of them. One of them has the piezo and it sounds killer! There one of the best guitars out there IMO.

Comment

Charvel Model 6
                      actually it's not. poplar wings.

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                        My EBMM Petrucci, Charvel EVH art series, and Charvel Model 6 are all Basswood!
                        Your Model 6 is poplar. The bolt-on Model series were basswood. The neck-thrus were poplar.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
                          If the body on the Petrucci was something other than basswood, I'd own one.
                          More expensive, but if you get a Ball Family Reserve, you'll have alder with maple top and mahogany tone block.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            Your Model 6 is poplar. The bolt-on Model series were basswood. The neck-thrus were poplar.
                            Oops, meant my bolt on Model series Charvels not the 6. My bad, the Model 6 always comes to my mind first when I think Charvel because I bought one new in 1988 which I still have to this day Sorry about that. The point is there are plenty of good sounding Basswood guitars including import and USA Charvels. The EBMM is also Basswood and its a high quality guitar!
                            BTW, nice Petrucci's you've got there Keith. How have you been?
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                              BTW, nice Petrucci's you've got there Keith. How have you been?

Thanks! I've been good I guess considering I'm 36, unemployed and in college again! HA HA! Hoping I don't have to sell any more gear but if I do these two won't be on the chopping block that's for sure!

Comment

Working...
                              X