EBMM Petrucci

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
    And there is nothing wrong with Basswood.
    Except that I don't like the way it sounds. I've played and owned many basswood guitars, and they all sound two-dimensional, even if they are resonant. I need more "snap" in my sound.

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
      I've got two of them that are my main guitars. I actually sold off some of my Jacksons and Charvels to get them. I love them personally. The necks are the best feeling necks to my hands. I've had thinner and thicker ones but these are a nice inbetween feel to me. I also like the fret size (6100's I think). I can get pretty much any tone I want out of them. One of them has the piezo and it sounds killer! There one of the best guitars out there IMO.

Great review, and great pics... esp. that glitter/metallic shot... OMG
      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
      --floydkramer

Comment

I've been accused of photo shopping that one but believe me it's not. It was just a pretty day and I put the guitar facing the sun to bring the sparkles out. The big white star looking things on the body and bridge is the flash from the camera that I forgot to turn off. Thanks for the compliments on them. I know that this is a Jackson forum but honestly they're the best guitars I've ever owned for my style of playing and what I like to feel and hear. Here's some vid clips of me playing them if you'd like to get an idea of what they sound like. This is mostly just running through a wah pedal straight into my Mesa Rectoverb combo. I may use an effect here and there but I mainly like plugging straight in the amp when I can. Eric's Song and Everybody Praise The Lord ring out the best as far as hearing the guitar IMO. Here's the link:

Share your videos with friends, family, and the world
        Last edited by beachjammer; 10-09-2008, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Nice!
          I was digging some kinda wonderful too... is that a Model 88?
          Tough to tell from the angle of the camera.
          Sweet tones all around.
          Nice job!
          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
          --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
            Nice!
            I was digging some kinda wonderful too... is that a Model 88?
            Tough to tell from the angle of the camera.
            Sweet tones all around.
            Nice job!

Thanks!
            No, that's my Charvel San Dimas Re-issue. It had some issues and I had to send it back to the custom shop and had just gotten it back two days before. So I had to use it of course :O)
            Last edited by beachjammer; 10-09-2008, 06:38 PM.

Comment

I love mine. I've got the loaded JP6 with Piezo's and "funky" inlays with the Ruby metallic color. A very versatile guitar IMO. The neck is a thin C to me and thicker than my JEM's for sure.
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
              X