New guitar for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guitar for me

After years and years of wanting one but never having the money at the right time, I finally got a Gothic Flying V. It's in very good condition, the satin finish has only gone slightly shiny around the neck and where my arm will rub when I play. It resonates incredibly well and is already set up with some heavy strings, (13 - 62) so I don't have to mess around with it and it has a Bareknuckle Warpig already installed.

I used it yesterday to record guitars for my bands new demo and it sounded amazing and played really well. I'm so damn happy with it.

I had to sell my Jackson COW 7 for this so I no longer have a Jackson. Though I do plan on getting an SL1 sometime .
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Nice!

Comment

Nice buy, i used to have a gothic explorer, very nice guitar played and sounded well... but the COW7 is killer to congrats

Comment

Forgot to ask: how would you describe the sound of the warpig (roughly speaking)?

Comment

Originally posted by Danno View Post
          Forgot to ask: how would you describe the sound of the warpig (roughly speaking)?

'crushing' is the way I'd describe it.

It works very well in Mahogany. The low end is quite tight and the mids and highs are a little more rounded but still has bite so you won't find it difficult to cut through for solos.

I used to have one in a Basswood 7 string and I didn't really like it in there. It put me off the Warpig for a while untill I got the V and I've changed my mind on it now.

For a comparison, I'd say it's a bit like an EMG 85 but much more 'open' sounding and a tighter low end.
          93 USA Soloist EDS
          USA HT6 Juggernaut
          Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Nice

Comment

I have a gothic Explorer with EMG's and love it. Congrats on getting the V.

Comment

I had one of those. it was a great playing guitar. The best looking V Gibby ever made IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by pagemalicious View Post
                  'crushing' is the way I'd describe it.

It works very well in Mahogany. The low end is quite tight and the mids and highs are a little more rounded but still has bite so you won't find it difficult to cut through for solos.

I used to have one in a Basswood 7 string and I didn't really like it in there. It put me off the Warpig for a while untill I got the V and I've changed my mind on it now.

For a comparison, I'd say it's a bit like an EMG 85 but much more 'open' sounding and a tighter low end.
                  Interesting. Thanks for the info. Sounds like a pickup I might like.

Comment

gotta love the flying V.

great one!

mine is the white one
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

EVIL !! But in a good way..congrats..

Comment

pretty stupid name tho... to be gothic it should have a sharper and longer headstock, nylon strings and monk inlays
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Nice one Steve, I bought a white Gibby Vee recently.
                          www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Post a pic Tony, I've got the itch for more V's in the future
                            93 USA Soloist EDS
                            USA HT6 Juggernaut
                            Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Congratulations, nice guitar.

I got myself a Gothic Les Paul a few weeks ago, it plays really nice and sounds really good to but so far I haven't found a good use for it yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X