Fender custom Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender custom Shop

I got to play 5 custom shop fenders today and everyone of them seemed to have their own personality. There was one that was a "binger cherry" Ash body, bird's eye maple neck from hell, 9.5" radius "C" neck, shaller tuners that didn't even need to be plugged in. You could hear the bass and the treble. You could feel the guitar resonating in your hands and it just sang FOREVER! I have been playing the guitar for 20 years and I have never felt anything like it.
    Ass Kicking case and the custom shop certificates. Its only 2K but there is no way I can afford it right now.

http://www.fender.com/customshop/ins...B+%93C%94+Neck

Discover the sound of Fender, the spirit of rock-n-roll since 1946. Shop Fender guitars, basses, amplifiers, audio equipment, accessories, apparel and more.

Sounds sweet! I need a strat. Not sure I feel like dumping 2K on one, but if it was sweet I might have to. Is it at a store or ?

Comment

Yes it was at a store. I would have never even thought about it unless I would have picked it up. There has to be a place you can play one of these in AZ. The Ash body could have contributed to a lot of the resonance.

Comment

Ash is not that great if you play with a lot of gain though. Depends what you play.

It does resonate nicely - probably had a light Ash body I would say. They are the ones that really resonate.

Yet I have found mahogany has better sustain.

Ash is spectacular for certain styles and sounds though.
        PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I think I'd go Suhr if I was going to spend 2k on a bolt on. At least you have some say on the spec.
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

The guy called me back today He offered it to me for $1700. If things weren't so shitty right now I would pounce on it. $2100 @ sweetwater. The other 4 custom shops didn't have the mojo this one has.

You know, now that I get to thinking about it, I only paid $1500 for my bad ass SL2H (NEW) and it had the nice case with all the " candy "
            Last edited by phill_up; 10-22-2008, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Ooooh ick, I hate those Am Std trems.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

I didn't try the trem, the arm wasn't on it. It is a string through body and that may have been a great big difference as far as the sustain. I have a mahogany guitar that doesn't sustain anywhere near this guitar but my guitar has a TOM. Maybe all of these string-thru people on here have known this all along?

Comment

Cool, I will have to keep my eyes open for them.

Comment

okay this is getting retarded now -> http://cgi.ebay.com/FENDER-CUSTOM-SHOP-LIMITED-EDITION-JEFF-BECK-ESQUIRE_W0QQitemZ260304000314QQcmdZViewItem?hash=i tem260304000314&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72% 3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Comment

Agreed, you could realistically build 10 of them if you did it yourself.
                      Nice guitar, not so nice price!

Also, that is a sweet Strat phill_up!
                      'Howling in shadows
                      Living in a lunar spell
                      He finds his heaven
                      Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Hey I haven't been around in a while, but this thread caught my eye. These guitars are a pretty good deal. The Custom Classic is the base model for the Teambuilt guitars. Fender has an ala carte list of options you can add to the guitar when ordering. So, you take the list price for the Custom Classic, which was around $2450 when I ordered it, and start adding on items from the options list. Mine has several different options added - hardtail (n/c), ebony board ($90), Sperzels ($39), H/S/S config (n/c), lightweight swamp ash ($100), AA maple neck ($215). AND a custom paint job ($450). All for a very agreeable price considering it is pretty close to being a full-on custom order. However, if I went with one of their stock colors instead of the custom color, the whole thing would have been well under $2000, after the dealer discount. Not bad considering what a custom Charvel would go for. (That was actually what I was going for before I found out about Fender Teambuilt) Now, you can't have everything you want, but there are enough options to trick it out to your liking. If you want something not on the list (i.e. relic'ing), you have to go Masterbuilt, which, I think, start at $4000 before you add anything. I could be wrong about that.

And all that to say that I proabably would have been just as happy with one right off the rack from one of the local guitar stores. A really good deal for a quality guitar.

Anyway, sorry to hi-jack the thread. I'm just really impressed with these guitars.

Sorry if this has already been discussed previously. They don't let me out much.

Comment

Very nice! Those team builds are very cool! I love the Am Std Trems. All my new Fender builds will and currently have them. A very nice setup when used with a LSR nut and Sperzel locking tuners.
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

That looks nice, haven't played a really good strat in a while.

I always wondered if the design team was sitting around thinking, "How close can we put the volume knob to the bridge pickup?"
                            Jackson KV2
                            Jackson KE1T
                            Jackson KE1F
                            Jackson SL1

Comment

Working...
                            X