GMW white firefox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMW white firefox

Many of you know that I am a big DeMartini fan. Actually, I am a really big Ratt fan. I’ve wanted a white firebird for a long time in honor of Robbin Crosby. So when Lee introduced his new line I started talking to him about an idea I had for a firefox and this is what developed. I wanted something simple and classy. So I combined some of my personal preferences (Duncan TB-5, painted headstock) along with some of Robbin’s typical specs that he had on some of his birds (single hum, non-recessed OFR, solid white body with a single black kanji character).

As for the rest of the specs, it’s an alder body with a stepped center, maple neck, ebony fingerboard with pearl dots, jumbo frets, ivoroid binding on the neck, Gotoh tuners, all black hardware and a black GMW logo. To tie it all together for my tribute, the kanji character that I used represents “King”.

And here’s how it turned out. It’s being boxed up and shipped out tomorrow so it will be here early next week. I’ll give a full review and some more pics once it arrives.

Ratt ‘N Roll!

VERY classy! Awesome guitar.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Nice!
      "POOP"

Comment

That looks great John - great job on the specs (esp the Kanji), and it looks like Lee did an awesome job on the build!
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Can't get much more class than that!!!! Beautiful!!

Comment

Does he also do that same headstock in reverse?
            "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
              Yes, the Millenium headstock is also available in reverse. I thought about going with the reverse headstock for this build but decided to stay with the regular headstock.

FYI, you can also get the Firefox in a neck thru version. But I wanted a pure white base color and a urethane topcoat so I had to stay with the bolt on neck. Apparently urethane is tricky to work with so Lee does not offer urethane on a neck thru build.

Comment

That looks awesome, bro. Really nice job on the specs - classy! And the GMW headstock goes really well with that body style. Congrats.

Comment

Just awesome! great build dude!

Comment

love it...congrats
                    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Incredible...and i hate to say this...but if you had went with Jackson...
                      it would have cost twice as much...been 10% less quality...and
                      would have taken 18 months! Lee Wins! That is a bad mofo...
                      and a great tribute..

Comment

Very cool! I think the body would flow better with their regular headstock, though.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                          Not to thread hijack on John, but checkout the GMW archives. Mine has a rev Millenium (G0082) and there may be others...
                          Popular is not the same as good
                          Rare is not the same as valuable
                          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Thanks for the compliments, guys! I can't wait to get this one.

As Neilli said, there are several GMWs that have the reverse headstock, including his most recent killer yellow SS with the splint fingerboard. The GMW site has an archive of all the new guitars that have been built. If you want to see Neilli's or the other reverse head guitars, check it out. http://gmwguitars.com/ It's a great site for ideas, graphics, guitars specs, etc.

Comment

Tits! Very niiiiiiiiice.

Comment

Working...
                              X