Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamer KK V

another trade deal result

I'm still looking for a Hamer Phantom GT, ready to spend some $ on that one too. Any help appreciated!!

thats awsome, less is best.

Thats a khaler trem? also what pick up is it?
    no sig.....

Comment

Noice!!!

Wish Hamer went back to making some 80's models as custom orders.
      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Dang- I just stared at that pic for the last fifteen minutes, I was actually playing it in my mind. Whoa- speechless.

Comment

That's a big ass deal you've made here.

If I didn't hate the way Flying V's feel (To me they don't feel like guitars) I'd be very jealous.

Flatpicker is right though, I'd love to have a custom Hamer Standard (their explorer model) in Cherry with white trim, Dimarzio 'buckers, a Floyd Rose without backrout and a fender-type 25.5 scale length.

Comment

Now I have Desert Plains stuck in my head.

"Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

That is a nice V. Congrats.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
                I'd love to have a custom Hamer Standard (their explorer model) in Cherry with white trim, Dimarzio 'buckers, a Floyd Rose without backrout and a fender-type 25.5 scale length.
                Some of Hamer's choices are the reasons behind a 3 year problem I have had with the company.

I've even had a couple of emails out to Jol and Frank about their option limits, thru myself and some dealers.
                Mostly concerning locking tuners and Scepters.

I've gone to the well about 4 times since 03 and they won't budge. So I go elsewhere.
                Has cost them over 10k of lost sales from me. Not that it's a big deal to them.

Back in 02, I would have told you they could do no wrong by me. Now, not so much.
                Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

very cool...I have always liked the look of these although I prefer a cream pku and white guard!
                  www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                  My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                    Now I have Desert Plains stuck in my head.

Awesome guitar - and great song!!!

Comment

SWEET hamers are killer guitars.

Comment

Nice score!! Priest are my fav band next to Sabbath, and KK was always my fav over Tipton.
                        I always liked KK's V bodies and that one there is sweet! I also think his mini V's are really cool.

That is a Kahler like someone asked, because KK used Kahlers on just about everything other than his early Gibson's and Strats.
                        Also appears to be a Bill Lawrence in it because of the blades.
                        I believe that KK used EMG's since the early 80's.

I remember seeing a seller on ebay that was selling a Flying V and an SG that were limited edition. I believe they were only sold in sets and there were like 13 sets made, maybe a little more.

The Tipton Hamer GT's are rare, but I think there's a Hamer message board that might be worth a shot.
                        You might even be able to have Hamer build you one. I always liked Tipton's weird Black andWhite V shaped guitar, but I forget what it was called exactly.
                        'Howling in shadows
                        Living in a lunar spell
                        He finds his heaven
                        Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Probably seen before, but the last guitar in this vid features the real Hamer V:

Comment

F'N sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post

The Tipton Hamer GT's are rare, but I think there's a Hamer message board that might be worth a shot.
                              You might even be able to have Hamer build you one.
                              Tried it a few years back and no go. They wouldn't even make the regular 80's style Phantom. The GT's are pretty cool. I've had two of them, with different neck profiles, and both were interesting. I dunno, something about 'em just didn't click with me. The bodies are really comfortable, though, and I think they look awesome.
                              I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X