No announcement yet.

new wolfgang EVH interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's kind of light on details regarding the precise changes that his 30 years of experience led him to make.

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
      “Drop To Hell” (D2H) tailpiece is supposed to be a "Re-invented" floyd rose. Will be interesting to see whats different
      Take a look here at the first cover.

It's different yet familiar.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Will a DVD or better reviews videos be out when that issue comes out? That would be great!
        '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
        '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
        custom made Les Paul
        VOX Tonelab LE
        Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
        ADA MP1
        BBE 422A
        Lexicon MPX-G2
        ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
        Support Your Local 81

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
          Technically his sound is just the Variac to a Marshal Plexi 45 and a flanger isn't it?

So he starves the amp to lower clean head room and adds the semi notched filter to it.
          Not so sure about the variac myth.
          (People, don't try it with yours, bad news).
          It is more likely that the B+ feeding the tubes was lowered a bit, though.
          Not too difficult.

Comment

Visually, I really dig most of that guitar. I got the GW issue with the tobacco burst figured top on the cover....that is a stunningly beautiful guitar. One major problem: I opened up the magazine to read the article and saw the headstock....it is absolutely horrendous!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
              I opened up the magazine to read the article and saw the headstock....it is absolutely horrendous!
              I've seen worse. I want to check one of these out at NAMM next month.
              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                Not so sure about the variac myth.
                (People, don't try it with yours, bad news).
                It is more likely that the B+ feeding the tubes was lowered a bit, though.
                Not too difficult.
                It's not that hard a sound to get regularly.
                I can pull it off with an 18 watter going into a 4x12 cab with a flanger.
                Just keep the pups fairly low output and practice your rhythm alot.

EVH is mostly feel over tone IMO. The man has a metronome in his head.
                Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                  “Drop To Hell” (D2H) tailpiece is supposed to be a "Re-invented" floyd rose. Will be interesting to see whats different

I picked up that GW issue over the weekend; my version has the tobaccoburst Wolfgang on the cover. The 'burst, black and white ones all have Floyd Rose bridges with D-tunas; the Frankenstein striped model has the "Dropped to Hell" bridge, which appears to be some type of fine-tuning fixed bridge with a lever to drop the low E. The headstock reminds me of a cross between the old "shrimp fork" Deans and a bottle opener.

Comment

Working...
                  X