No announcement yet.

Talk to me about 7-strings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a Loomis Schecter w/Floyd coming this week. I played one of the standard Schecter 7's and I like the necks way better than the spindly Ibanez ones.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Holy smack - just went to the Schecter site and clicked on the Loomis - that is friggin sweet with the maple neck. Anybody have one of these?
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
        I've got a Loomis Schecter w/Floyd coming this week. I played one of the standard Schecter 7's and I like the necks way better than the spindly Ibanez ones.
        Tim,
        It's absolutely essential you provide (when your ready) a review.
        Why you ask?
        I have been contemplating acquiring ones these in 2009.
        I just simply love the way it looks and wonder how well it plays.
        It's very affordable too, that's a major plus as well.
        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Loomis guitars' are fantastic. Standard hellraiser 7's seem hit or miss to me, but the couple of loomis I've tried hit the spots well. I dont like the ibanez necks at all, 7321, 1527, or xiphos7 I've played. Id like to checkout a carvin, but at the end of the day I'm hoping jackson do something better then the cow.

Comment

Yea, Carvin 7 stringers are great.

Comment

I am waiting for John Suhr's 7-string, being announced on NAMM '09.
              Matt you know I'll be calling!!!
              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                Yea, Carvin 7 stringers are great.
                +1 to that - I may order a Carvin 7-string hard tail next year.
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                  +1 to that - I may order a Carvin 7-string hard tail next year.

I had a few 727's and a few 747's. Carvin makes a very solid 7 string guitar.

Comment

Go the full length, get an 8 string

Comment

screw that!!! go for the gusto and get a 12 string!!!! the more the better right?
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

sorry a little off topic -

I was watching a documentry on Tommy Chong (when he went to prison) and there's a scene where's he's driving at night and he passes the Carvin Guitar store. I had no idea it actually existed, I may have to drive down there (wherever in CA that is)
                        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Working...
                        X