The big show your black guitar thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D'oh! Robben, I knew that.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by heartfielder View Post
      Damn !! I knew I shouldn't have brought it out into the cold for those pics !! GGGGRRRRRRR !!!
      How cold? I haul my DK2 around in -30 temperatures and it somehow hasn't had any issues with the neck shifting...ever...

My Fenders on the other hand (My P-Bass not so much but my Strat and my J-Bass)...
      "Dear Dr. Bill,
      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Wow Paul.
        That is some kinda sweeeeeeeeeeet woodchopper you have there.
        Damn!
        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
        --floydkramer

Comment

3- JtX
          JvicE

Comment

Korean Squire II, I'm not sure of the year

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkfin View Post
              Korean Squire II, I'm not sure of the year

Judging from the style of the logo and the type of tuners I would guess it to be either 1989 or 1990, if you unscrew the neck it should have a date printied on the bottom of the neck.

Also when you do so, don't be surprised if you find that it has a plywood body.

Comment

My WR1 is all black on the back if that counts..
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Thanks for the info, I had a hard time finding solid info online. I also had aftermarket Gotoh tuners installed, and rewired the electronics. I just got the case for Christmas.

Comment

An '90 RR PRO.
                    Distractress

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
                      Here is mine....

-Nateb
                      so simple yet so beautiful!

Comment

The "Yoko" the second of my two main guitars during my teens (The other was my Red Squier "The veteran"), as you can tell I changed a LOT on this guitar. But it started life as a Sunburst Peavey T-15

Flaking lacquer, a DIY plastic golden and cracked pickguard, a Gotoh Wrap-around and a replacement neck, this guitar survived a lot of abuse from my punk-rock days.

I had stored it in the attic of my parent's house for a couple of years and retrieved it to restore it but with a neck so badly bowed and a broken trussrod it seems unlikely that I'll be able to restore it to playable condition. But I can still play slide on it the way it is now.

As for the graphic, it comes from this European comic.

I also updated the look of my Fenderbird bass. I really liked the way My Fenderbird turned out But given the fact that I had to re-rout the pickup cavity had left it with a not so very nicely filled gap and I needed something to cover that up and also because I thought that it looked a little empty.

It needed a tweak, something to truly make this bass' looks come alive...

This pickguard does the job nicely, I always loved the Black-on-black look so it's a double win.

Comment

Here's a picture of my new Straight Six Strat. They should have just put a Charvel logo on it because that's what it seems to be copying. See the review thread for more info. These things play like butter that was microwaved and cooled repeatedly. Ridiculously smooth.

"Dear Dr. Bill,
                          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

My Schecter Blackjack, trade my Kramer Pacer for this a week or two ago.

Comment

I don't have all of these anymore but I took some cool shots while they were here:

My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

Originally posted by goodwood View Post
                                I don't have all of these anymore but I took some cool shots while they were here:
                                I'm going to take a guess and say it was your Pacer (the champagne one) I traded ?

Comment

Working...
                                X