No announcement yet.

Gibson Robot vs Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't even get a 3-way switch to stay reliable over time. I don't know how the hell anyone expects to not have issues over the long term with these robot guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by SEAN RAF View Post
      I don’t know how I can bear to show my face around here…the Explorer went back to the shop today…

I had a problem with the MCK (the pull out knob that controls everything) not lighting up when in anything other than A440 mode. Another interesting feature malfunction was the ‘string up’ mode. When you re-string this guitar, you (according to the manual) just have to thread the string into the locking tuners, press a button and the mechanisms wind the strings to tension. When I did this (twice, stupid I know, but I had to see it again), the machine heads kept on turning until each string snapped…amazing to watch really.

So I’ve now had 4 EVH’s either break or catch fire, and a Gibson Explorer that’s hell bent on stretching its strings to whatever the length of room it’s in at the time.

I’m glad it’s from a different shop than the EVH’s, otherwise they might start thinking it’s something to do with me…it isn’t though…I’m an innocent bystander…
      Kinell, don't worry it's nearly 2009. Your year of gear hell will soon be over!
      Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I don't want to sound preachy and I'm sorry for your gear woes, but a very wise man once told me "never buy anything in it's first year of production." The robot may have been on the drawing board for quite some time, but it hasn't been time tested by us dorks!

I don't mean to laugh, but I can just picture the look on your face when that fucker continued to wind until the strings broke! Priceless!
        "POOP"

Comment

Have to agree with SEEGERMANY - on the outside that would be pretty funny. When you get it back please video and post any new string changes.

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
            What pups are in that 496R 498T?
            The 496R is usually paired with the 500T.

The 490R is usually paired with the 498T.

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
              When you get it back please video and post any new string changes.
              I don't think he's taking it back. I assume he's just getting his money back or buying something else other than dealing with the POS.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wow, it amazes me that a guitar that costs $2500 could have so many problems.
                Scott

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                  I don't mean to laugh, but I can just picture the look on your face when that fucker continued to wind until the strings broke! Priceless!

+2 I just busted out laughing.
                  :ROTF:

EJ

Comment

The problem with Gibsons isn't tuning them, it's getting them to stay in tune longer than five minutes or so. Does the "Robot" stuff include a properly slotted nut? That would help.

Comment

Working...
                    X