Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epiphone

So I got gas and backdoored this on ebay for $550AU

This was the second time listed with a higher price the first time so I'm pretty happy. What I didn't realise was that Epiphone make their instruments in China these days. I didn't really consider where it was made when I was in the guitar shop last week pricing a few guitars, considering the $1100/$1300 price tags. I'm almost embarrassed to say I've got a made in China Epi.

Anyone else bought an Epi recently. I read a quote saying something about Epiphone being able to have a tighter reign on quality control with everything being built in the one factory. I hope so.

I think I got fairly good deal, considering it has had only home use. Slight twang on 4th fret, as described by seller, is easily fixed so I think I got a good deal......I hope.

Any M.I.C Epi lovers out there?

Their china factory is said to make really good guitars.

Comment

I have an older one made in Korea. I love mine. Same as yours but cherry sunburst. i could not play mine without the pickups howling and feeding back.i yanked them for some Seymour Duncans and also put in a high output volume pot and now i love it. I could not see spending 2k on a real Les Paul only to yank the pickups and modify it like i knew i wanted too. I can't believe the prices on the epiphones now.I paid about $500 new.

Comment

I remember my brother paying 299 at guitar center for a korean made one way back when. It may have even been a custom.

Comment

I had one several years back, made in Korea I think. White just like yours. I liked it once I replaced the bridge pickup with a JB. I got rid of it when I got my 1992 Gibby LPC, white also.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I think mine was made in Korea. I have this one http://epiphone.com/press/P_Cust3.jpg

I like it, it plays really really well. I have had no problems with the pickups other then my pick hitting the middle one.

I am planning on ordering a black epi custom. i've had good luck with the epi stuff so far
            In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

the cheap ones were like $199 but those had no neck inlays, no binding,plastic tuning pegs and the sunburst grain was not real brilliant.Almost looked painted. This is a nice one. i wish that grain was available when i bought mine. whats up with the output jack on this one?

Last edited by broken_fusion; 01-09-2009, 03:34 PM.

Comment

thats the epiphone ultra so it has a piezo so it has two outputs
                Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                  Their china factory is said to make really good guitars.
                  I hope so, that is good to hear.

Comment

Working...
                  X