Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom guitar builder recommendations

Hello folks,
    I'm looking for a custom guitar builder that could build me a Gibson Les Paul Custom Lite type body. I know I could get a Les Paul type body from Warmoth, but it would be the regular type. The Custom Lite body is thinner than the regular one. I'm sure GMW could have built something like this, but they are not doing this type of work anymore.
    Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

perhaps sims custom shop? never purchased anything from them, but heard they do some stuff for warrior guitars.

Comment

There's also Neal Moser's custom shop in Lake View Terrace, California. He was one of the original designers/woodworkers for B.C. Rich before Class Axe bought them out, and he's also done work for GMW as well.

While his shop does incredibly-pointy Metal axes nowadays, he might be able to do a somewhat more subdued LP-styled body for you, if not an entire guitar.

Comment

i dont think neal does parts anymore. he is the M in GMW, he was gone about 4-5 yrs before class axe. If you want a full on custom he will build it to your specs including body thickness. he's made some nice LP, LP jr types.

send Mojo bodies an email, i had a nice telly body from him. shouldnt be too hard?

Comment

Neal will only build and sell you a complete guitar. He could, however, build the entire guitar for you albeit with a different headstock...but every other spec could be customized to your preferences.

Comment

Originally posted by data187 View Post
            perhaps sims custom shop? never purchased anything from them, but heard they do some stuff for warrior guitars.
            Avoid Sims (the US one) at all costs.

Denny at Mojo is good people. I recently bought a Strat body from him and he was great to deal with .

Comment

A Warmoth LP body and a belt sander = Custom light body

Sorry, I could resist
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Others here have recommended Warren at www.southeastguitars.com when i asked about a Baretta body. He seemed willing to build just about anything I wanted.

Comment

Mojo bodies!!!

That is all

Comment

Neck thru...Set neck....Bolt on...What ever you need.

The page you are looking for doesn't exist or has been moved.
                    Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                    http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Neal has an LP style guitar called a Magnum.

He'll pretty much give you any option you want.

Comment

Working...
                      X