Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so i bought some cheap "no name" guitars........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so i bought some cheap "no name" guitars........

off ebay around £50 each. they are 3 strats and a tele made by "the guitar company" (i've never heard of them either...).
    Anyway, the body's and necks are of decent quality and the hardware is passable (for a home use or knock about guitar) the pickups are a bit shite but for 50 rips i'm not complaining as my sound is so processed it would make a fart sound good. the took a bit of fiddling with to get the set up spot on and now they play great ( a mate of mine did a blindfold test with a couple of usa and mim strats against these and could only tell the difference by the way the bridge pickup sounded). so for a bit of fun i stuck some fender decals on them and a couple of layers of clear coat, now they look nice hangin on the wall (and i don't mind them getting trashed).

Last edited by cookiemonster; 01-19-2009, 11:51 AM.
    yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

look nice

Comment

DAmn! If the Tele was a lefty I'd have given you a onner for it!
      Gear: Charvel Model 3, Marshall Reverb 30, Fender Squier Telecaster, Digitech GNX-1, GHS Boomers and a whole lot of Dunlop picks.... Oh, and a Hohner Harmonica - key of A

Comment

Have you got a link for the seller?
        www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Originally posted by Speiro View Post
          Have you got a link for the seller?
          i just picked em up individualy on ebay but i think curly music in liverpool do them and themusicking.co.uk do them aswell i think theyre about £100 new. best just looking on ebay under strat or stratocaster, there's probably loads on there now (unwanted xmas prezzies etc).
          yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemonster View Post
            i just picked em up individualy on ebay but i think curly music in liverpool do them and themusicking.co.uk do them aswell i think theyre about £100 new. best just looking on ebay under strat or stratocaster, there's probably loads on there now (unwanted xmas prezzies etc).

Thanks, I'll start trawling, that tele looks great.
            www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Working...
            X