I finished work on my Epiphone Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finished work on my Epiphone Firebird

And there have been some changed since the time I took this picture while I was still working on it.

Gone is the pickguard with the pin-up girl sticker since that material I used was prone to cracking and the paint I used to finish it with flaked. It made for a very unattractive look. So I bought some proper pickguard material to replace it with.

Gone also are the black humbucker rings, since the guitar had wider routings than the Humbucker rings could cover up. So I made some myself, from translucent plastic which I spray painted gold from behind, the resulting look is very Gretsch-like. The pots that came with the guitar were dead as doornails so I replaced them with a Master Volume and tone. Which also reflects my preferrence towards Fender guitars. The three screw holes behind the tail piece are silent witnesses of me having installed a Gibson "Maestro" vibrato as an experiment which made the guitar go out of tune by just looking at it. I decided to leave them the way they are, it adds to the vintage look I was going for with this guitar.

The end result though is a very good sounding guitar that keeps turning people's heads whenever I whip it out.

Love that!

I am HUGE fan of Firebirds.

I owned a Jackson Pro as well as a 1976 Centenial Gibson Firebird ala Steve Clark.

Both sold long ago........sigh....

Comment

it looks awesome except for the pickup rings.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

not bad except yeah the pup rings have to go and you need to ebonize that badly stained fretboard. did that sustain water damage?
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
          not bad except yeah the pup rings have to go and you need to ebonize that badly stained fretboard. did that sustain water damage?
          Nope, it's the nateral way that fretboard looks and who am I to mess with nature?

Comment

you know I also LOVE FIRE/THUNDERbirds, and yours will certainly turn some heads like they usually do when I bring mine out.....
            http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Working...
            X