New Caparison pron...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Caparison pron...

Well...I finally gave in to my Caparison gas and picked up a Caparison Dellinger in Pro Black. Extremely nice guitar.

Ebony fretboard is the smoothest I have ever laid my fingers on. Weight (mahogony) is on the medium side. Fit and finish are really top knotch. Neck shape is really different from what I was expecting, especially from a background of Jackson guitars. Schaller trem is "top mounted", tho there's routing for pull ups. Taking me a little bit to get used to it...but everytime I pick it up my fingers start shredding :evil::evil::evil:

With out further adue...

Nice! Where did you find it? I'm having a bear of a time in San Diego getting one, and where I do, the price is usually off the charts...tried getting a bit more info from the guys at their NAMM booth this year, but the only guy that spoke English was usually talking to someone else.
    Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Wowies.
      That is so cool.
      And I think they win the coolest inlays of all time award with those oval clocks.
      So, what about the neck shape is different than you expected?
      Is it more full?
      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
      --floydkramer

Comment

Here

Here is a great price for a HSS Dellinger:

The neck is radiused like a Jackson. But at the nut, where the neck is usually the thinnest, its fairly thick. Supposed to help with chording. Then as you work you way toward the 24th fret, it gets thinner and thinner. High fret access is much better than the squared off Jackson neck/heel area, but in all honesty, Ibanez has got both beat when i comes to upper fret access.

I really stuggled between this, the 24.75" scale Horus, and the neck thru TAT. Since I'm 6'2" an 230lbs...I was afraid the Horus would just be too small for me (felt the same way with my Charvel Model A), and that the TAT being maple neck thru / alder wings would sound too much like a typical Jackson neck thru. I want that modern thick and chewy sound, and felt this would be the way to go.

Comment

I'm suffering from Cap gas at the moment. I've never played one but I want one desperately. Completely irrational.

In second place and less likely is Suhr gas.

Nice Dellinger by the way. I'd prefer a TAT but Dellinger is 2nd choice.
          All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

I had a chance to play two neckthrough Caparisons this past weekend. I generally don't like non-recessed Floyds (or rather, Schallers in these cases), but the guitars were very easy to play.

Later on in the day, I saw Robert Marcello (Danger Danger) playing his Caparisons, and that man can shred!
            Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

I thought he was rocking Suhrs now?
              All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazrim View Post
                I thought he was rocking Suhrs now?
                Not as of this past Saturday, when I saw him at the Roland Sound Expo in Tokyo...

Plus, he was at the bar with the president of Caparison after the show, so I would think that he's still chummy with Caparison
                Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Working...
                X