Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Dean USA compare to Jackson USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does Dean USA compare to Jackson USA?

Hi.
    I have gotten an trade offer for my Ke-2 Snakeskin guitar.
    The offer is a Dean USA V Relic from 2008.

What do you guys think?
    And if anybody know... whats the value and new price of these Dean guitars?
    I have not that much experience with Dean guitars, since there's virtually none of them here in Norway.

Reason for getting rid of the KE-2 is that i' no fan of FR guitars really.

No. Just... no. Get a KV2T or KV1 if you need a non-floyded V-shaped guitar.

Then again I have a massive bias against Dean. Maybe listen to people who like/don't hate Dean and not me.
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Well, ok, thanks

Yh, i would have traded it easily against a KV2T or KE2T, problem is that they
      basically does not exist in Norway

Comment

Or find someone on here with a KE2T and see if they'll do a deal with you?

Just make sure you post it in the Classifieds
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          Or find someone on here with a KE2T and see if they'll do a deal with you?

Just make sure you post it in the Classifieds
          Hehe, yeah, well.. I cant post in the classifieds

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
            No. Just... no. Get a KV2T or KV1 if you need a non-floyded V-shaped guitar.

Then again I have a massive bias against Dean. Maybe listen to people who like/don't hate Dean and not me.

Comment

I know I can't post it for sale here, but i can in other forums, but u guys can probably help me
              What would be a reasonable asking price for my KE-2 Snakeskin.
              It's in excellent condition exepct a ding on the upper wing, its about 3x5mm big max...

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

To be honest, I don't have much personal experience with Dean, so take this post for what it's worth. That said, I never cared much for them at all. I LOVE Vs, (favoring Jackson ESPs above all back in the day), but I just never liked the Dean with its unbalanced "upsidedown" headstock. I have heard other impressions of Deans from others recently as well. Apparently there are 3 dominant metal guitars for local bands: Ibanez, ESP, and Dean. When the band takes the stage with deans in hand, there is a high expectation the audience is in for a crappy performance from a bunch of posers (these are not my words, and I have heard this more than a few times).

Now I wouldn't buy my guitar based on what someone thinks of it OUTSIDE of its merits, but I don't see much merit in the brand. It seems like a cheap knockoff to me. I actually like the Dean Dave Mustaine Angel of Death guitar even though I am not one for graphics. The wings just look good and the different headstock makes it look good. The thing is that it's not a Jackson, and that's really what belongs in Dave's hands.
                  '02 Jackson KV2
                  '92 Jackson Rhoads PCS
                  '92 Jackson Rhoads Tribute

Comment

I own both a USA Dean and 2 USA Jacksons and the quality is very similar and I can't say which one is better since it's too close.

Hope this helps.
                    Dean MAB2 Aviator Signed
                    Dean MAB1 Armor Flame Signed #3
                    Dean RC7 Rusty Cooley 7
                    ESP Horizon NTII
                    Jackson SL1 USA
                    Jackson PC1 USA
                    Ibanez RGA-121
                    Ibanez PGM 301
                    Ibanez UV777BK Strung to high A
                    Maton EBG808 TE (Tommy E)
                    Alvarez CY127CE
                    Click here for my You Tube Page!!!!

Comment

do you want a guitar thats more like a hotrod gibby or a jackson. to me thats what dean & hamers are.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                        do you want a guitar thats more like a hotrod gibby or a jackson. to me thats what dean & hamers are.
                        Hamers don't have ugly headstocks though.
                        "Dear Dr. Bill,
                        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I agree i like the 80's style dean heads much better than the new ones

Comment

Late 70's to early 80's USA Deans destroy Jackson in construction, quality and playability. Newer USA Dean's are pretty much on par with every other mass produced USA CNC machined guitar. They just don't have the soul or feel of the originals. Good guitars but you can really tell the difference from a hand built masterpiece to a CNC computer built guitar.

Comment

Why not block the Floyd on your KE-2 and keep it?

Comment

Working...
                              X