No announcement yet.

Gibson Flying V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are really nice and the prices on them are halfway reasonable by Gibson standards. It's classic and modern lookng at the same time, very cool.

Originally posted by V-man View Post
    You know V-man approves!

Just plunked down for this! http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Division...rativeFlyingV/

Comment

Hey EVT, does your arm ever hit the toggle switch when you're playing? That just seems like an odd location.
      "POOP"

Comment

That Zakk V rules!

Comment

Originally posted by Learn Guitars View Post
          I gotta be honest, I appreciate the history and all, but these guitars dont have the sex appeal to me. They look a little hodge podged in the aesthetics dept. The input jack cover is just all wrong. The string plate that the strings pass through is just way too big and fights for position on the face of the guitar with the pick guard. They have captured the era for the instrument very well but looks un planned to me. Just an opinion.......
          this is why I have always preferred the 67 V (big pick guard) over the 58 V. still a nice guitar overall though.
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Vs

My 2003 Music Machine Flying "V", Myspace background, and a guitar that gets used daily.

1958 Flying "V"...Roughly six pounds of PAF terror!
            Last edited by eric ernest; 02-11-2009, 03:23 AM.

Comment

The flame top is awesome Eric. What's the deal with those? It's like a 2004 Standard Quilt top but with the binding and stuff of the 2003/'07. How do I get one?

Comment

I got mine from Dave Carpenter at the now defunct "Music Machine." Dave had at least half a dozen...purple, 3 tone sunburst, etc. Not sure if, or where, they are available now.

Good luck!

Comment

This is the only Gibson V I have left in my collection. It's the 1994 Centennial V.
                  "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                  X