Traded for an 81 Dean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traded for an 81 Dean

I was checking out my local craigslist page a few days ago and a local shop had an 81 Dean Cadillac listed for $300. I figured I'd check it out and stopped by. The shop owner reminded me that he took trades and so I offered him a partial trade on a Floyd Rose DST2 speedloader guitar and 11 packs of strings. He offered me $205 trade in value along with $30 more for an amp head case. So I only had to pay a $65 difference

The guitar was a real player's guitar with a nice natural relic finish. It was actually listed wrong it was an E'lite model not a Cadillac, which was fine by me. The pickups were Dimarzio super distortion and PAF. The neck had been sanded to remove the finish. Looks like it had some stickers that were removed because there is some residue on the top. Overall, I felt like a made a good trade. The guitar's tone is fat and chunky. What do you guys think? Did I do ok?

Damn, I love this Interweb.

nice
    Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
    98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

congrats. nice trade!

Comment

hell yeah!!!
        I've got her "sister" in the shop for a...."facelift"

Comment

Killer deal!
          '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
          '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
          custom made Les Paul
          VOX Tonelab LE
          Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
          ADA MP1
          BBE 422A
          Lexicon MPX-G2
          ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
          Support Your Local 81

Comment

great deal bro.

Comment

Sounds like a good deal to me.
              Congrats.
              Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
              Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

You stole that...early deans are great guitars...wish I still had my 80 Z

Comment

Working...
                X