New guitar AND amp day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guitar AND amp day

Today I became owner of an ESP LTD Eclipse by trading it for my LTD Explorer (I decided to get rid of that one since it didn't match up to my Red selfbuilt explorer)

One thing I changed right away were the knobs, the EC 256 has those Gibson "Skirt" knobs which are really hard to grab and because of this guitar having a push-pull function, impossible to pull. So three chrome metal knobs took their place.

After the trade had taken place the guy told me that he had something else I might be interrested in and showed me THIS.

This amp, a seventies Japanese made solid state copy of a Fender twin reverb, was in good working order exept one of the two 12 inch speakers being torn. He told me that he was going to put it with the garbage and I could have it for free. Who was I to say no?

And because of that amp looking so Punk Rock already I couldn't resist taking a picture with the "Pink Nightmare"

That amp has been seriously relic'd
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

Looks like it would take a fender chassis.

Hmm.

Comment

That AMP came from Amittyville !! Its possesed!

Comment

Let us know how the guitar sounds. I like those ESP clones.
          8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Nice guitar. They are great. My bandmate has one and it's pretty slick.

That amp is a steal! Clean her up and get it rocking.

Comment

I see a future "fett."
              "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by FloydRose4Prez View Post
                Let us know how the guitar sounds. I like those ESP clones.
                Well it's noticeably lighter than a Gibson but with a thinner body that was to be expected. It actually feels more similar to my SG and because of the lack of a maple top it also sounds like an SG. But it also feels sturdier because of the neck being set further into the body.

I always thought that ESP has the best sounding stock pickups of all manufacturers who operate in the same price range, I owned several LTD's before this one and they all sounded super with the stock pickups. The shop guy advised me to put in EMG pickups but I don't like the way those pickups sound. And since the stock pickups sound fine, I'll stick with them.

The overall sound is really "Gibson" and even more so since it doesn't have a 24 fret neck, the position of the pots actually makes a lot of sense and is very practical. Although I am tempted to re-wire the thing into having a master volume and tone. The coil tapped sounds are okay and convincing but I'll probably never use them.

Comment

Working...
                X