Mutt Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mutt Guitar

OK, here is a mutt that I put together. I got a rear routed meranti-topped alder strat body from the Screamin Deals section. It was mated with a zebrawood Warmoth headstock neck, ebony fingerboard with MOP dots. The neck was initially ordered for a different project, but that will become a baritone guitar. Sooo...

Body and top defined, it has Planet Waves tuners, SS6100 frets, DiMarzio pickups (PAF Joe neck and Super D bridge), a 3-way switch with standard wiring, RS guitarworks electronics, and an OFR. I also put in a 37mm brass trem block for S&G's.

Even though this is a mutt guitar...I absolutely love the tone and playability. Anytime I play Maiden, I pick up this guitar. I get Adrian Smith on bridge, and Dave Murray on neck, even though the neck pickup doesn't match his (Dave's).

Hope you like it. It pretty much kicks aXX as a mutt guitar.
    Last edited by DocNrock; 02-12-2009, 06:47 PM.
    The Guitars:
    Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
    The Amps:
    Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Well, up till now, I'd have to say I've given you a 100% approval rating. I love the body, but the headstock shape and color just don't do it for me. Hate to do it, but I'm gonna have to drop your rating to 98.5.
    "POOP"

Comment

I agree, body is awesome.
      I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

LOL...Its all good. The only reason I ordered the guitar body was to mutt it to the neck that sat unused. Its all good, I'll even be very happy with an approval rating of 98.5%.
        The Guitars:
        Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
        The Amps:
        Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

That's pretty sweet, mate. I love parts guitars--some of my favorites were put together in a similar way.

Comment

I stand amazed yet again with your bad-azz guitar buiding skills Doc.

Very sweet.
            "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
            --floydkramer

Comment

You like this, Spike...harrroooowww. (that was for your avatar)

Cool, glad you like the mutt.
              The Guitars:
              The Amps:

Comment

Nice one Doc...I think that works well.

I likey zebe too.
                Drive Fast Cars & Play Cool Guitars!!!

Comment

Originally posted by xbolt View Post
                  Nice one Doc...I think that works well.

I likey zebe too.

Very killer! Care to share the specs? Zebra wood is cool.
                  The Guitars:
                  The Amps:

Comment

Working...
                  X