Chandler/Warmoth CRAZY FIND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chandler/Warmoth CRAZY FIND

I was buying parts for my American Pacer mutt. Acquired all the parts for the build, but the neck.

Nearing completion of the parts list (Kramer neck hunting) I went into the local pawn shops. I knew I was not going to find a lefty Kramer neck, so buying a righty was an option. I've been seeing this weird colored neck guitar at this shop for about a year. No brand or anything on the headstock. The body was a super nice 3-piece alder. I think I always looked past it while in there becase A. I'm a lefty, and B. EMG selects. Anyways, curiosity got the best of me and I ended up buying the guitar for a reeeal good price, mainly for the neck. There was no truss rod at the headstock, so that scared me that the neck was a home job. :think: Well I take the body apart and realize its a Warmoth showcase custom neck. Walnut/Macassar ebony/abalone inlays/Khaler nut. I freaked out. Then the body is a Chandler, I remember Sully's vid when he was customizing one. It turns out they were top notch parts makers in the early 80s. Heres some pics:

I gotta sell the body, since i'm lefty.
    "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

That neck looks like a real find.
    The frets look huge!
    Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
    Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

they are! There is a little fret wear on frets 1-6. But nothing major, I seriously can't wait till I get a lefty Charvel or Jackson body to put this on! Just gotta sell the Chandler body first.
      "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

I have an old Chandler maple/maple pointy neck around here somewhere.
        Have a nice carved top mahogony Chandler dinky body too.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

kick ass stray cat. The quality of the body really surprised me. The only scratches on it are on the pickgaurd. A little nick by the strap button. Heres some more pics:

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

super sweet!
            and yes, chandler makes great stuff.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Pay pal sent Jake thanks buddy!
              That should look kick ass with the Chandler maple/maple pointy neck.

Comment

I will need to dig out all my parts and build this one.

Comment

Great find!
                  The Guitars:
                  Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
                  The Amps:
                  Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

nice find chandler stuff used to be great. what kind of kahler is that?

Comment

it's the fulcrum kind that was found on the model 2s.
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Not a bad trem just prone to breaking the small parts.

Comment

nah..the Kahler fulcrum a POS trem, had them on 87 Model 2 & 3's. I've added OFR's to those. The fine tuners break off pretty easily.

That is a kick ass body tho..
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

The fine tuners do break very easily thats true.I have a box full of fine tuner screws to prove it!
                            The body is way cool should make a nice player.May go with plugging and installing a Vtrem maybe floyd who knows.
                            I'm leaning towards a 1 hum pickguard Holdworth style.
                            Last edited by straycat; 02-21-2009, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X