• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonP View Post
    That's Zinc vs. Aluminum you heathen
    That's me!
    "POOP"

Comment

Is your hip made of aluminum or zinc?
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It's the $20 platinum model!
        Last edited by SEEGERMANY; 03-04-2009, 09:03 PM.
        "POOP"

Comment

So it could crumble at any time!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            And I'm not going to topwrap.
            WHAT!!!!????

That's where the TONE is, man!!!
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

I own a 92 Explorer a year ago (nashville bridge) that I bought used for like 630 and I bought a new one (later sold) back in 93. I would just say to get one after they quit putting the maple necks on them. Someone here may know what year but most of the 80's ones had maple necks. Get mahogany. Also (I may be a snob here but) I would try and find something as far back as I could before GC ruined it all. The new explorers in the GCs are horrible. If Gibby can justify 2200 for a Slash then I don't know how they can sell explorers for 1149. Theoretically the only real diff is binding, inlays and a maple top. Something doesn't add up. I think GC and Gibby were combined under one corporate roof in 97 so a 97 or earlier (back to about maybe 88) should be a pretty good quality guitar. Its preference but try to get a mahogany neck, and in a lot of those years if you find a "semi-transparent" or "cherry" finish you may even score a 1 piece body.Black is guranteed to be 2 or 3 pieces. Good luck.
              Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
              98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Originally posted by 85 San Dimas View Post
                Someone here may know what year but most of the 80's ones had maple necks.
                Gibson used three piece maple necks from 1976 to 1982. I specifically looked for an LP Custom in these years and found a 1977 that rocks.

True, it doesn't sound like my other three LP's with 1 piece mahogany necks, but they don't sound like each other either.

Comment

Working...
                X