The first major design hurdle has been cleared on my Learn custom guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first major design hurdle has been cleared on my Learn custom guitar

Over the past few days, Mike (Learn) and I have worked out the neck inlays and here's what we came up with.

The colors for the inlays and fingerboard are final. The fingerboard is Madagascar ebony so it will be pretty darn close to pitch black. The headstock color in this image is not final.

Mike came up with all the designs we went through (10-12 roughly) and all I did was provide feedback. Overall, it took about 2 days.

wow, that looks pretty cool.
    what would the inlay material be?

Comment

To be blunt, I'm not sure. I do know the material won't be anything fancy like abalone or MOP. Other than that, it just needs to be white and red and I'll be happy.

Comment

Very Sin City.
        I likey.
        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

At first glance I thought the blood drips were spelling something out, but I guess not. Very unique.
          Jackson KV2
          Jackson KE1T
          Jackson KE1F
          Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
            Very Sin City. I likey.
            Thank you. We actually did decide to go with a black, white and red color scheme but we weren't consciously thinking of that. Only afterwards did we realize what we had done. I think that palette will work really well at a high level.

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
              At first glance I thought the blood drips were spelling something out, but I guess not. Very unique.
              They do spell something out. In zombie talk it says "RARRR! I'm going to chew your ass up!"
              Last edited by Matt_B; 03-14-2009, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Matt sent me this link to progress shots of his build. I do not know if it will work for you guys or not. You may need a facebook account to access. I am sure Matt will post pics regardless.

Mike

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
                Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

I can share the album with folks that don't have a Facebook account. Here's a link to pics of the build so far:

A Guitar Comes to Life

Comment

Originally posted by Learn Guitars View Post
                    Matt sent me this link to progress shots of his build. I do not know if it will work for you guys or not. You may need a facebook account to access. I am sure Matt will post pics regardless.

Mike

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1276237803
                    It says that I don't have permission to see them. I must have to be a Facebook Friend or something in order to see them.
                    "Dear Dr. Bill,
                    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                      It says that I don't have permission to see them. I must have to be a Facebook Friend or something in order to see them.
                      Follow the link I posted in the post right after Mike's.
                      A Guitar Comes to Life. I tested it in IE (which doesn't automatically log me in to Facebook) and it works.
                      Last edited by Matt_B; 03-14-2009, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Can't wait to see the finished product!
                        Gibson SG Standard
                        Jackson DK2M Dinky
                        Silvertone S615 Acoustic from the 60's
                        Roland Micro Cube
                        Marshall MG100DFX

Comment

Wow, Awesome work so far. That thing is gonna be SICK!!!
                          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinky93 View Post
                            Can't wait to see the finished product!
                            Well we shouldn't have to wait much longer, maybe 2-3 weeks more and it will be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
                              Follow the link I posted in the post right after Mike's.
                              A Guitar Comes to Life. I tested it in IE (which doesn't automatically log me in to Facebook) and it works.
                              Yeah, I noticed that right after I posted. Looks great so far!
                              "Dear Dr. Bill,
                              I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Working...
                              X