No announcement yet.

Guitars you still want to own someday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wish list rather than specific guitar models is about condition, as at this stage I am only interested in guitars which are no longer made and are 100% original and in mint condition.

What I'm looking for is:

1. Steinberger GL2T or GL2S
    2. Kramer Ripley (with built-in poly distortion)
    3. '59 Gibson ES330
    4. Fernandes Stabilizer

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
      An early 80's Ibanez Destroyer
      Like this one?

Sorry to spoil your dream, but despite it being my main guitar between '83 and '89 (after which is was relegated to no.2 in favour of a Charvel Model 4, then eventually traded for a Gibson V) it really wasn't anything special - muddy sound from the stock pickups, poor finish (paint fell off just looking at it), and clubby neck....only regret is that I didn't sell it sooner....all IMHO of course.

It looked RnR though

Comment

Jackson Explorer
        KV2T in white

Comment

Ibanez Jem77BFP the Blue floral Jem- beautiful guitar...
          The Guitars...
          2008 BC Rich Gunslinger Retro
          2003 Jackson DXMG [Modified with Duncan Jazz & Screamin' Demon & OFR]

'The wild boys go head to head... Like the good book says be quick or dead'...- David Lee Roth

Comment

Ditto on the Ibanez Jem77BFP the Blue floral Jem

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
              6. Gary Moore model Les Paul
              I actually got to play one of those. My guitar teacher used to have one. It was so comfortable. He now has a EBMM Petrucci 7 string and I had the opportunity to play it too. Very smooth.

I just want to get a USA Jackson. None of this fancy stuff you guys want. Maybe an old Kramer too. Or a Model 6. I've always liked Model 6's
              "Dear Dr. Bill,
              I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Just one guitar, I need and I'm done A Martin D-45. I've always wanted one of those. For now I play my Martin D-35-12 I've had since 1971.
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

1. lynch bones
                  2. Tea or Tobacco burst les paul custom

Comment

Originally posted by darrellm View Post
                    Like this one?

Sorry to spoil your dream, but despite it being my main guitar between '83 and '89 (after which is was relegated to no.2 in favour of a Charvel Model 4, then eventually traded for a Gibson V) it really wasn't anything special - muddy sound from the stock pickups, poor finish (paint fell off just looking at it), and clubby neck....only regret is that I didn't sell it sooner....all IMHO of course.

It looked RnR though
                    That's the one! I'm a big Maiden fan and Adrian (and Dave sometimes too) used to use them. Phil Collen had that black 3 pickup version that I always dug.

Ibanez reissued them recently. Unfortunately its not a Prestige model, so I'm concerned about quality. Not sure if I'll bite...

Comment

I have always wanted to own the following guitars:

Steinberger Transtrem

GMW Empire

Rickenbacker 360-12W64

Chapman Stick

Comment

Jackson Blue Crackle and a 2nd batch Shannon. (the dual hum)
                        Just one more guitar!

Comment

84-86 Gibson Explorer
                          Y2KV
                          KV1
                          80's Les Paul Custom Black Beauty(preferably with a maple neck)

Comment

The most incredible PRS ever! This one is like this..360 degrees!
                            Everywhere, its this 6 AAAAAA Top! I think it was $16K... but
                            what a work of art! Headstock...back...back of the neck..everywhere!

And this McNaught custom... check out the inlays..

Before i die...i would love to own these 2 ! Gee...lets see... a FMIC Frankenstein...for $23K...
                            or these 2 ?? Humm... Like there is even a debate???
                            Last edited by Robert Burns; 03-12-2009, 05:36 AM.

Comment

750xl
                              "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                              --floydkramer

Comment

An original 50's Les Paul jr, the p-90's in those things are just tone monsters.

Comment

Working...
                                X