No announcement yet.

Guitars you still want to own someday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitars you still want to own someday.

GAS is a strange thing, it can have you spend money on guitars that never fit your way of playing and have you going "Why on earth did I buy this?" But it can also lead to owning the love of your life.

I take it that the majority of us have played and owned countless guitars over the years but are there still guitars out there that give you the "Man, I would love to have one of those" feeling in your gut?

In my own case, yes, there are some guitars that still make me salivate. Early Hamers for example. I love the way they look and the fact that they were made with their own vision of what a good guitar should be.

This Hamer Sunburst from 1980 perfectly illustrates what I'm talking about, Gibson style body but with a flat top and a Fender-like through the body Bridge providing stability and easy of use as well as providing a look of it's own. Hamer Still produces the Sunburst but with a carved top and a tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar making it more generic with similar guitars made by PRS and Gibson. Too bad really, those early Hamers were really something else.

The Hamer Vector is another good example of Hamer going their own way with a well known look. But as with the Hamer Sunburst, the Vector also has recieved a more generic makeover resulting in a close copy of the Gibson Flying V. Give me the vintage ones, KK Downing, Judas Priest, Brittish steel!

Another guitar I really love to own one day is the Musicman Silhouette.

Call it a guilty pleasure but Richard Marx was one of the guys I looked up to in my early teens, songs like "Satisfied" were on my Walkman and he played a Silhouette and I was mystified by this strange looking strat style guitar with it's small headstock and teardrop shaped pickguard. When I finally got to play one around fifteen years ago, I found that it has an incredible neck and that the dimarzio pickups made for a very versitile platform, a real workhorse guitar. The Musicman owned OLP budget brand offered a Silhouette style guitar but it never nailed the look of the real thing.

The body shape is different, it doesn't have the 24 fret neck and the overall look is just off.

Comment

i'd like to have a LNG jem, a PRS santana 1, a PRS mccarty gold top, a PRS custom 22 & 24 with a 10 top and birds, and a kramer jersey star. i am sure there must be others, but those pretty much cover it.

if i could only have one, i'd go for the santana i think....
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Purple AT-1

Hot Pink Heavy Metal Flake Soloist

Rand

Kramer Nightswan
        Haters gonna hate
        Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Gretsch White Penguin
          WarPig____________________________________________
          "Live every day as if it were your last...
          ...one day it will be."

Comment

The Hamer Special was the first guitar that came to mind when I saw the title of this thread.
            Judging from the Phantom beater I have it ought to be an awesome guitar.

Comment

An AT1T in transblack , a KV2T '25"5 first batch' and a Custom SLS 25"5,
              In love with jackson's 3/3 headstock.
              GAS list >KV2T first batch in black ghost flame, and CS KV / RR in string thru & rearloaded.

Comment

BC Rich Bich 10
                BC Rich Mockingbird
                Custom Shop Strats (several varieties)
                Richie Sambora sig Strat
                Hamer Californian with boomerang inlays
                Tie Dye Jackson Dinky
                RGF Jackson Dinky
                SSW Jackson Dinky
                Jackson Warrior in Warbird finish
                Taylor Hot Rod
                Taylor Doyle Dykes
                Taylor K22CE
                RainSong
                Kramer Nightswan

. . . that's all I can think of right now
                Last edited by quiksilver; 03-11-2009, 09:29 PM.

Comment

1. Y2KV (Drum City Guitarland had one way back when that had the blue hot rod graphics which would go nicely with my RGF Y2KV)
                  2. Kramer Nightswan with lightning graphic
                  3. Rhoads LTD
                  4. Rhoads PCS
                  5. Jackson neck thru Longhorn V
                  6. Gary Moore model Les Paul

Comment

Gibson V with a KH1 kind of thing going on
                    Jackson PC1
                    Kramer Nightswan
                    PRS Custom 22 or a 24

Comment

koa bich6
                      jackson roundhorn V
                      jackson RR custom PCS type
                      hamer scepter & scepter V

Comment

Any Suhr
                        An early 80's Ibanez Destroyer
                        Rhoads Pinstripe V (one of the exact replicas that were made recently)
                        GMW Polkadot V

Comment

The MM silo is on my list.
                          Problem I have had is every time I contemplate it, something bad happens.
                          Put a downpayment on one in 06 and lost my job.
                          Tried in 07 and got a huge IRS bill.
                          08 and the roof started leaking.

Fugger is cursed. I tell ya.
                          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I have always wanted a Silverburst LPC. I know, you either love them or hate them and what can I say, I wanted one since I first saw one (although I am glad I never pulled the trigger back them b/c the damn ones made back in the 80s fade to green now and look like shit!).
                            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

My "wish list" is constantly changing, but one that has been on there for a long time has been the Jackson RR LTD.

Comment

Working...
                              X