New VOGD! Fender content..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New VOGD! Fender content..

Well I am glad to say that after over a year of legal wrangling, worry, fear of loss, and lots of other stuff, that I am now the proud owner of my dad's 1957 Fender Duo-Sonic. He passed away a year ago and we have been trying to get the guitar from the person who had it. He claimed to be my dad's son (Dad never admitted it) and then claimed that my Dad gave all his instrument to him right before he died (yeah right, my dad wouldn't even give me any of his instruments when he was well, and I was the only one of his kids who played music), and basically kept the family at bay hoping that we would give up and let him keep everything without a fight.

Well he was mistaken. After a couple of trips to court which drained him dry, added with his frequent trips to the local correctional facility for drug charges, he saw the light and cut a deal with the family, thereby getting the guitar to me, the place all the kids wanted it to go.

So I proudly present you with my Dad's guitar.

(Oh and the plaque reads Blonde Bitch, so I'm not so sure about playing it in church :p)

enjoy!

Last edited by Bryan; 03-12-2009, 09:35 PM.

Now that's a true relec congrats on the court win
    Dean MAB2 Aviator Signed
    Dean MAB1 Armor Flame Signed #3
    Dean RC7 Rusty Cooley 7
    ESP Horizon NTII
    Jackson SL1 USA
    Jackson PC1 USA
    Ibanez RGA-121
    Ibanez PGM 301
    Ibanez UV777BK Strung to high A
    Maton EBG808 TE (Tommy E)
    Alvarez CY127CE
    Click here for my You Tube Page!!!!

Comment

yeah. Lots of folks would pay thousands to get a new one to look like that..

Comment

Glad everything worked out for you. I couldn't imagine losing something that belonged to my dad. And cool guitar.
        Just one more guitar!

Comment

Very cool guitar,glad you got it back to your family.

Looks like your dad has done some VH and put the cigarette on the headstock

Comment

Awesome and glad you got a family treasure back. Yeah, that is a real Relic and pretty unique at that. I bet there were not that many Duo's back in 1957.
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
            X